Complication After Midface Lift (Cheek Lift)

The left side of my face looks fuller and younger....

The left side of my face looks fuller and younger. However, the right side was not lifted properly. Reason for operation: to look younger and less tired.

I had a midface lift about four months ago. After...

I had a midface lift about four months ago. After four month, the muscle besides the right side of my nose are swollen and tender. whenever I blink my right eye, the right corner of my mouth feels tight and it uncontrollably lifts up. I went to my physician with this concern, but he seemed not to know the cause of it, and told me that he has never heard anybody complain with the same problem. I want to know if this is going to be permanent, and if so, can I do another operation to correct that? What is the likely cause of my complication?

reason of operation: to look younger and less tired

I had a midface lift about four months ago. The muscle besides the right side of my nose feels tender and more swollen than the left side. Also, when I blink my right eye, the right norner of my lips feels tightened and lifts up. I went to my physician with this concern, but he seemed not to know the cause of it, and told me he has never heard anybody complain about this problem. I want to know if this is going to be permanent, and what could be the cause. Thank you!

He seems not to know the reason of my complication after the surgery, and tried to get out of any responsibility by telling me that I am making too big of a deal out of nothing...

"Midface lift" isn't the name of a procedure. Do you know what procedure was done? Where were the incisions? Did they move the cheek fat pad, or the SMAS layer underneath it?
I live in the Boston area and am considering a midface lift. Can anyone please share the name/s of the surgeon/s who did a poor job? (Or any surgeon/s who did a good job?) Thanks in advance.
Was this surgery painful? What is the name of the Doctor?
What you are describing sounds a lot like synkinesis where muscles that should not move together do. A classic example is a blink coupled with a rise in the corner of the mouth. This is due to nerve injury to the zygomatic branch and occurs when the nerve regrows but ends up controlling the wrong muscle. I should know since my surgeon damaged the zygomatic, buccal, and other branches of the facial nerve on both sides of my face and now have this permanent condition.
It was not a surgeon in Boston whom I went to but somebody who had just been trained in his particular procedure.What sort of problems did you have?I had lower eyelid pulling and nerve damage which caused my nose to move around when I speak, spread out hugely when I smile and collapse when I inhale (one side only). There appears to be no treatment for this and I have spent many years seeking help. As far as i am aware, this type of mfl has been discontinued by the Boston surgeon. My problems also began at about the 3-4 month mark
Hi VivianYang
Who was your surgeon? Did he help you out? Just had a midface lift in the Boston area and not happy with results. Looking to get a second opinion. Thanks!
I haven't visited this post in quite a while, and hope everyone is doing well. My results were improved a great deal with Radiesse and Botox. I'm quite happy with my results!
Great to hear, Eviefree! Sorry you had to endure a bad result before the good one. BTW, who was the surgeon who did your midface lift? If you're not comfortable posting here, can you PM me?
Could you please tell me who your surgeon was? I have similar problems with even more complications. I do not know how to PM you
Hi

I also saw a doctor in Boston for this procedure and have some complications. Please could you let me know who your had your surgery with. Thanks.
Viv on Boston MA surgeon on cheek lift: Thank you for your comments. I was strongly considering your surgeon. Your comments have scared me. His website looks great with all the before and after pictures and his background was very impressive. I saw him once on plastic surgery "before and after." He had done a revision on a brow lift and it was great. I could hardly believe it when I saw the surgeon's name. Yours was the only review from Boston. Thank you so much--Marie
could you please tell me who the surgeon was? I have two different appointments next month and I want to know if he/she is one of them? thanks Lisa45
Lisa, did you find out the name of the surgeon? I have seen a couple in the Boston area, both are touted as "premier"surgeons, experts in their fields!! Thanks very much
Yes, please let us know who it was!
I live in the Boston area, and would love to have such info--thanks so much!

Dear Seeking Help The type of midface lift you had is a massive facial surgery that can permanently damage the motor nerves of the face. Swelling of the midface for 6 months or longer is not unheard of. Scaring in the cheek likely accounts for the new tugging you are describing. Consider posting photographs or contact me with them to have the photos assessed. Dr. Steinsapir