Voluma by Juvederm for Nasolabial Folds and Under Eye Hollows

Recently had voluma for a cheek enhancement...

Recently had voluma for a cheek enhancement procedure, done in an effort to correct the undereye hollowness and nasolabial folds.

Unfortunately, the voluma injected in the area under the eye and beside the nose has caused me to not be able to smile properly (I can only smile half as wide and an asymmetrical smile at that, causing a rather tactless nephew to comment that I look like 'I'd just had a stroke).

I'd need the voluma removed but can't seem to find any information on the website or on the internet. Can the voluma be removed?

Bruising is often cause by injections done to quickly, to many injection pokes, and not watching for vasculature in that area or massaging to roughly. However you can pick up some Arnica Montana or Bromaline to help heal
I have had Voluma injected along my cheek bone and to fill in the area directly next to my nose. These areas were losing volume with age and causing visible nasolabial folds. I am EXTREMELY happy with the results. I feel that it looks more natural than just superficially filling in along the nasolabial folds with Juvederm, because the reason the folds appear in the first place is loss of volume in the cheeks. The structure of my face feels very supported and looks more youthful and natural. I love my doctor, he is such an artist! I would go to someone more experienced, but still give Voluma a try! It also lasts for a long time!!
when you say "to fill in the area directly next to my nose,'' do you mean that triangular hollow at the nostrils at the top of the Nasal Labial Fold?
so far, voluma is officially approved for the malar fat pad area, cheek area, only. it will dissolve (absorbed by the body) in time. it can also be injected with a chemical to make it dissolve more rapidly. it sounds like the person who did the injection wasn't very good. all dermal fillers in the face require a person who has a good eye for aesthetics and knows the correct medical technique. if it had been a permanent filler like artefill you'd be in trouble.
Hei Luz I am so sorry to hear that your experience with Voluma was not a pleasant one. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, since Voluma was recently approved I was interested. Atter reading your experience, I will probably research further
May I know who is your doctor?
Voluma should only be used for volume in the malar pads (cheek area) along the jaw line or NLF. It should not be placed to correct tear trough Juvederm ultra can be placed there. However, if you do not like your results your provider should know how to inject Hyaluronidase in order to dissolve that - if your provider doesn't know this or hasn't suggested it then perhaps you should find a more knowledgeable and experienced injector
I will be going for the first time for Botox and juvederm , please suggest the difference between ultra and voluma ( juvederm)
Voluma is more powerfull than ultra. If you live in USA voluma in not approved there. Voluma create a lot of volum in your face it is very powerfull and long lasting. Up to two years. If you go for voluma use very small amounts or you can be overfilled. I am not a doctor so this is my experince based on this information. I had sub q and that was to much for my face. I think you should go fore ultra seems more safe and goes away faster if you dont like the result.
Juvederm Ultra is often used for mild nasalabial folds, tear troughs or perhaps for someone who wants their lips done but doesn't want a lot of volume. Voluma is more to enhance cheek volume or for deep nlf
How did it turn out for you? Are you better?
I've had Juvederm Voluma to cheeks, temples and chin. I am extremely happy with the results. My doctor did tell me, however, that it could be injected with an enzyme which breaks down the Voluma if I didn't like it or felt there was too much. All properly trained practitioners ie. those trained by Juvederm/Allergan will offer this.
I had 2ml of voluma injected into my marionette lines, I love the effect, though there is a lot of bruising. It's been 3 days since I have had it done, along with the botox, I am very happy. Will definitely go back for more.