Unhappy 1 Week Post Op Breast Lift / Augmentation (240cc)

Pros: My breasts are full and no longer droopy...

Pros: My breasts are full and no longer droopy.

Cons: Not 100% happy Overall, the doc did go a great job, I'm just not totally satisfied. From my research of other women with full C's, I'm disappointed with my 240cc implants. I don't look like a full C :(

I'm one week post op and am not happy with the size. I thought they would have been larger. Should I wait until my breast "settle" to decide whether I'm unhappy? How long before I could get them redone? Do you think my surgeon would charge me again if I'm unhappy?

I had a breast lift and augment. My breast do look great, I just thought I was getting more than I actually have.

I agree with the other posters. Be patient, you will be very surprised once they drop and fluff. Right after my donut and augmentation, I was a 32DDD, after drop and fluff I blossomed to an absurd 32G.
Btw, 240s here too. Took about 9-12 months -to go from b to c and damn they seem to be still growing. My chest muscles were very tight so I have been told by my surgeon. They were strapping them in.
One year later and I've had to increase my bra size 3 times. Be patient, they bloom.
I got 300's in May. I'm weight hovers between 120 and 125. I was a (very small) B and now I'm a full C. I'm 44, and my breast look like they did when I was younger, but I was hoping they'd be a bigger. I'm considering a redo for 400's, but I'm a runner and I'm not sure what to do. No one know's I've had them done and my husbands seems somewhat disappointed. I wanted to be natural, plus I wanted to maintain my active lifestyle, but I really feel like I wasted my money. My doc says he'll redo them for free (I still have to pay the other fees) after a year if I'm still unsatisfied.
Hi! I am in the same boat you are. What did you do? Did you have them redone?
They settled and look nice, but I still wear push-up bras to get the look I want. It's will be 2 years since my procedure in May. I still long for a fuller look. They are times when I love them and other times when I regret not going bigger. I plan to have them redone in May. Life is too short not to be happy. What do you plan to do?
Well, I am only 2 days post op. I go back to PS for checkup in 2 weeks. I am going to let him know I think that they are too small. I will give them time to settle but if they're no what I want within 6-9 months, I will them replaced with bigger implants. And your doctor is refoing them for free? Is that common?
I'm good. They fit my figure. I don't have trouble with clothes. In some tops I look huge, in ither tops I look small. But my clothes fit, I'm proportioned and no longer breast obsessed. Going from being flat flat to average is more than enough to make me happy. Remember every surgery carries risks.
i just had mine done 7/16/12 this past monday and so this is my 4th dat post op i was an A cup i would say i didnt even filled an A cup and im 5'5 140lbs. My surgeon saw me and right away said high profile, under the muscle at first he said 310 ccs but i wanted saline, then i changed my mind and went for silicone so he did smooth round high profile 350cc. right now im very happy with my results i fell like every day they start to shape better. i had boy chest so for him to go from that to 350cc was awsome. he is great and im not on the painkiller. for us with under the muscle and small breast it's important to take pics. and tell them exactly how u want them to look, otherwise they will try to put as much as they think they can but not enough. every bra size is different depending on the brand. now remember your real look takes about 3 months to start showing. if you are 130lb and above u should def. go over 300cc if you want our breast to look good, keeping in mind youre paying a lot of money for this gift to your body=)
My implants were done under local 24yrs ago, under muscle 120cc silicone. Started to have hardness and bulging and discomfort about 3 yrs ago. Had BA done 5 wks ago, I am very athletic wear v.s 34b and dont always fill that. Wanted to be bigger but not look like all you see is bust. I mentioned a c cup. PS asked what size I thought I was, told him a B. Had LMA anesthesia ended up with a lot of bleeding related to years of scar tissue and the muscle on right side had rolled up and implant was no longer under it. I was very bruised, he said he really beat me up. That has faded incisions look great,had lift also. I now have silicone 200cc on right 210 on left, under muscle. I think they have dropped seeing pocket was already their. I think I should be bigger, he said that my ribcage is small and all you would see is breast if he had gone bigger. He did say he tried and didn't look right. After 4 weeks I have what looks like crease in left
bottom ( bottom out?). I have tried on my b bras and some fit some don't. I should be about 80% larger according to the math. I'm hoping that becomes the case . I spent almost $10,000 and just not really thrilled. I definitely can not spend more money. Will most likely live with this, unless he offers to fix left side.
I had saline implants, 280 cc each 16 yrs ago (was a 34AA preop & have worn either 36b or 34c postop), replaced with silicone gel high profile implants at a duplicated 280 cc @ 2 wks ago. Now at 2 wks, the implants have started to 'drop' and are looking very nice and natural; which was my main objective. However, I have been consumed with regret that I didnt give size more thought, more like 350-380 cc (I am 5'5" and 118 lbs). I was so fixated on changing from the unnatural feel & look of the saline implants. I am hopeful they will 'fill out' more as they continue to 'form and fall into place'. The surgeon did such a fabulous job; they look so beautiful! Just smaller. I feel greedy to ask for more in the way of size (I dont completely fill out my current swim tops and bras). But my husband has given me the green light to do whatever makes me happy. Anyone know how common it is (or is not) for a pt to return so soon to discuss larger implants & what the logistics are (fee, timing, healing, dr's typical take on this). And how long the extreme nipple (painful) sensitivity lasts, on average (on the side that had additional sx, sutures to muscle wall/capsule, to achieve a symmetrical look). Many thanks...
I am 3 weeks post op and am experiencing a little redness under one of my breast. Also, they feel like they did when I was Breast feeding and they were full. Very sore, even to touch. I often feel like they are constricting, like muscle contraction. Are these symptoms common?
Expanders are placed under chest muscles, so, spasms are expected. Redness on your tissue should be reported to your PS as it could be cellulitis or infection. I hope you are better since your post.
I never had any redness but the breast feeding like contractions continue , but are less frequent. I am 5 wks post-op
I did in fact have an infection in my breast and was put on antibiotics. It is doing better now but we still have to keep medicine on it. I am now 10 weeks post op and I sm loving them. No more redness and the feeling in the areola has came back. My doctor said he was very pleased with them taking into concideration what he had to do to them. I had a disorder of the breasted that makes one much larger that the other. It is inherited and my daughter has the same disorder.
I am now 10 weeks post- op and it goes away.
I'm one week post surgery... I wanted to be a full B. Got 286 cc (was 32A before)and I feel I'm wearing my "padding bra". I'm really frustrated... Should I wait some more to see if they change?
You can fill them but the breast will be firmer possibly more than you like. I was completely flat on one side and had a little boobage on the other. I got 240s with the flatter side filled to 310 so they would match but I don't like the firmness on that side. Don't worry about your size. Two weeks post op they are still smashed flat. They really pop in a few months. I am a full b small c but I has zero to start with.
Is it possible to "fill" a 240 cc implant to 300 cc, or does the implant need to be changed? I am 2 weeks post-op and sooooooo unhappy with the 240's i got. I should have listened to my gut but I got scared I was over doing it. Wish I'd have gone for the 270's or 300's...any suggestions anyone? Im totally lost here and it makes me sad because I was so excited about all of this...
Omg I got 240 cc an I hate them there too big my heart is broken over it
I am so happy with my results from a six hour surgery. The nipples look great and the skin grafts used to recreate areola are beautiful. I did spend three days in the hospital for the ten inch abdominal incision, but I feel so happy.
What a journey breast reconstruction is. Over a year with one or two more surgeries to go. I had lipo fat injections to fill hollow areas around implants and was told as much as fifty percent of fat dies. This has happened, so, in three months we will do fat injections again.
My daughters plan on buying me a few sexy summer tops to show off my new breasts. Yes, I call them breasts because they look so beautiful.
Happy to answer any questions any of my sisters have. Sisters are all of you who have been through this nightmare.

Rose
hi ladies, I am having my surgery 1/14/2011. I am looking forward to fat graft and finally having nipple and areola skin graft. There is nothing to help projection, but my PS said he won't be happy until I am 100 percent happy.
I will let you know how much fat dies and how many more fat will be needed to finish.
I'm 5'11 and weigh 225lbs; very broad and big boned (with some big meat wrapped around those suckers yeah baby!). I just had my BL/BA and got natrelle 45's 460cc in both. I was a small c before and I'm a full DD now. 300 cc doesn't seem that big to me but then again I had more to work with going in... Give them a little time to settle and if u don't like them then i can highly recommend the natrelle 45 for that great projection. Love my new ladies and call my PS the "breast whisperer"! Don't settle till ur happy girlfriend!
I had large breast (38D) and after double mastectomy I am still the same size with implants. The difference is projection which is not attainable post mastectomy. The hollow areas are going to have liposuction used for fat grafting. In three weeks I will have fat grafts and nipple/areola reconstruction. I am happy I have perfect symmetry and that is important.
If a woman goes in for just implants without a mastectomy, the outcome is very different.

Hi rhann -- Would you mind sharing your experience by writing a review? It would be so helpful for other women starting their own breast reconstruction journey. Thanks. :)