Still Too Big After Breast Reduction Surgery -Washington DC

At this point its been too soon to tell. He did...

at this point its been too soon to tell. He did not have great bed side manner, but he is supposedly extreemely well thought of professionally and is a professor of plastic surgery at a highly acclained washington DC University Hospital.

I had breast reduction surgery one week ago. My breasts were supposed to be reduced to a B-C cup from a DD but they are still Ds one week later. Are they swollen , will they get smaller in the next few weeks. While the lift looks good , I am disappointed and concerned that insurance will not pay do to the size I was left with and my neck will still hurt? I asked my doct why they are larger than expected, he explained something about the elaciticty issues with my skin that kept him from being able to reduce me further than he did. I still dont understand please explain>

its too soon to tell. its only been a week.. not sure how I feel

I've learned that so long as your procedure is paid by the Insurance, there is not much leverage in the reduction process...however if self paid...the PS will do pretty much what you ask of them...give it a few more months, so the swelling can fully subside...also expect some dropping...rest up...
I am 2 months out from my surgery. I started as a DDD and wanted to be a small C/large B, I told my PS to go on the smaller side. Now I am at least still a DD, so disappointed. I don't feel swollen, could I still be swollen and not know it? What time frame should I expect a change?
Towny: Do not expect to get much smaller than you are now - sorry to have to tell you that. There could be some swelling but four months out seems to be the lasting size. I did vaser-lipo with another PS and went from DD to D with first; to a B/C now. MUCH happier. I did it just a year ago and have my final check-up w/him in March. I'd even like it if he could lipo out a little more under local. I had to pay twice, but I couldn't go on being so unhappy. Please keep me posted.
Thanks for the reply, I am currently two months out from surgery and hoping that I could be a little swollen still.
You should notify your PS that you are VERY unhappy and ask what can be done. They can do vaser-lipo 6 months out.
I had my reduction/lift 5 weeks ago. I was a full D cup. I still fit into my D cup bras and am very disappointed because I asked for a B/C. There is probably some swelling, but I don't think enough that I'll reduce to a B/C. What about post-revision under local? Anyone had that? NOTE: If you are really tired of being big, and don't have a large frame, ask for smaller size than you think you need! The placement and shape is fine from my surgery - just still too big.
I am having the same exact problem as well. I had surgery just a week ago and went down to what looks like about a D. Since my insurance company was requiring my doctor to remove 2 lbs per breast, she originally estimated that I would be a B/C. My breasts still feel extremely heavy and I'm worried I'll just have to stay big forever. How did it work out for you guys???
WOW! I am going through the exact same thing. I am hoping there is still swelling. How are you healing? One of my breasts still hurts while the other feels fine. Have you heard back from the insurance company? I had surgery last Monday from a D-DD to a C. The surgeon was supposed to take out 500 CCs and leave me with a full B, but he didn't. I am waiting to see if he tries to charge me for the surgery if the insurance doesn't cover it.
adding to the reply above, however though I am smaller, I am still a small D or large C rather than a C-B. When I asked him why I am not as small as planned, he explained that inorder to make me any smaller he would have had to make my aireola even smaller (its small naturally) and that would compromise the nipple itself. I am satisfied with that answer, but is it a good one??????
funny, my PS told me the same thing and i told him that i would prefer to have none at all..so make them the smallest you can!...and so he did and he had to graft the size of the areola...and I tell you...what a fantastic job he did..you couldnt even tell he grafted the whole thing...very very neat job...i am not a small B...and happy with it...!
I meant to say I am a small B now...I would recommend my PS any day for a BR...Dr. Steven Belinkie, CT.
You are still swallen. wait at least 12 weeks. I thik you will see significant reduction in size. If they are still too big for you wait at least six months before considering any surgery. As for the insurance coverage, at that time your doctor can write a letter to the insurance co explaining the situation and your symptoms, then they will decide.
thank you for your reply, I beginning to find out that you are right. Its now been 7weeks and I can see a definate difference.
Hi jj59. I have the same problem. I was a D and asked for a B. I'm 3 weeks post op and probably a C cup. When did you start to get smaller?