My Smart Lipo Before & After Pic's.....well Worth It!

Reason I did it: Because no matter how much I...

Reason I did it: Because no matter how much I tried to diet or exercise (the lil I did) my lil pooch would NOT go away. I looked at my friends who had babies and it looked like I HAD AT least 1 kid. I am soo satisfied and I am not even completely healed! That extra skin flapping over my pants and panties is GONE.

Cost of procedure: $ 4700 if cash is paid and $5200 if you use a debit/credit card

Would I recommend this: Yes if you are tired of exercising. This procedure has been FDA approved and been out since 2006. I did A LOT of research and have read about minor problems. Most people go to a doctor that does not do a good job and they come out with lumpy skin. I personally believe wearing the girdle 24/7 afterwards plays a critical step in preventing that. Remember its only cosmetic surgery. I am not writing this to encourage or discourage you. Just do your research and don’t let anybody discourage you. It’s your body, and your money. Do what YOU want with it. Just do the research first! J The only reason I am writing and POSTING this is to share my progress because out of all the research I did I only came across a hand full of our people who actually did it. Color has nothing to do with it or the results but…..umm let me leave that alone. J

Pre- Op: I was given some prescriptions to get fill to begin taking some meds b/f the surgery. I was also given a pack of vitamins named Vita Medica to begin taking. I must admit I was not consistent with taking the pills because I was still in pain from getting my wisdom tooth removed.

Day of the surgery: I was getting very nervous. I asked a female (black) on YouTube about her procedure and all she responded with was save your money. I was like WTH? If you say something like that more details should follow. So that almost made me reconsider my decision. So I went in to the procedure room and the doc made about 6 small incisions on the sides of my stomach area. I was filled with fluid that was to numb me up really good before the actual doctor would begin the suctioning. That is about the worst part of the whole procedure. After the fluid starts numbing you, you just get this uncomfortable feeling. The funny feeling is due to your stomach blowing up like a balloon. You can actually fill some of the fluid leaking out of the incisions. YUCK!

Dr. Mickie (nickname) began the procedure and made it very relaxing. She talked to me, fed me crackers and PowerAde in between. The reason for the feeding was because I didn’t eat a full breakfast b4. My appointment was 0900 and I had to wake up early to drive the long trip to her office. Anyway I was in there crying like a lil baby because I don’t take well to anything dealing with doctors or needles! When I got my wisdom tooth pulled they had to spray som numbing spray on my arm to get me to calm down so they could get the IV started to put me to sleep. Anyway it was a not alot of unbearable pain but I felt the vibrations and pressure of the suctioning. I started stressing because I did too much research on the procedure and I knew exactly what was going on. I had an image in my head of her sticking the laser in and out of me melting the fat and the fat running through the tubes to the liter. I know… CRAZY! I guess it was my nerves. So the procedure took about 3-4 hours and she took out 3 ½ liters of fat out of me. YUCK. She said I had the most fat around my belly button. After they finished she wrapped me up real good but I still bleed through my gray sweats. I was scheduled to return in 2 days so she could take off all the wrapping/ bandages.

Night (After Surgery): There is no need to spend the night in the hospital or anything but you will need someone to drive you home. Don’t believe what they say on YouTube. You will NOT be able to do this on your lunch break. Mess around and get fired. LOL. Anyway that night I was drinking a lot of vitamin water, PowerAde and Gatorade as instructed by the doctor. I messed up and ate an ice cream stick and chicken noodles and threw it up. Yeah it was very stupid of me. When it was time to sleep, I couldn’t lie down, I feel asleep leaning on the headboard. If you normally sleep on your stomach…4 get it!

Day 1 (After Surgery): I spent it mostly at home and just relaxed. I did drive. It was hard to stand up straight and sit for long. I had to take a “wash up” because I couldn’t shower until she removed the bandages. They didn’t want me to remove them myself because it common for people to pass out after the bandages are removed.

Day 2: I returned to my appointment and she took off the bandages and that dried up blood smell was overwhelming. I wanted to pass out from that sticky azz tape she was struggling to get off! After she finished and dressed me up she gave me some instructions and sent me on my way.

Day 3-6: OMG, I can see a BIG difference. I am sooooo happy I took my own b4 pictures because the pictures prove it all. My stomach feels REALY funny. It’s this spongy like feeling. I can feel the tightening process going on too. Wearing the girdle helps you not to think or feel that funny feeling. The extra fluid I guess has settled down in my vagina area. So it’s sitting on swole, lol! When I say that I mean it. Its unbelievable how big your vagina area gets.

Day 7: I returned from yet another appointment and she stated that I am healing great. I told her that I am happy with the results so far and she said oh sweetie you are still swollen. You will be seeing A LOT more results. She said my waist hasn’t even begun to show because of the swelling. She said give it about week 3 b4 seeing any major results.

Day 8: I can maneuver a lot better now but I am still swollen. Its not that much uncomfortable anymore. I no longer feel like an 80-year-old woman trying to get out of the bed and car and I got a lil more “pep” in my step as my 86-year-old granddad said. LOL. I will continue to post updates. I will try to post the next one at the beginning or end of week 3.

Overall, I am VERY happy and positive about the results.

Update 20 Jan 2010 Update Pic;The red arrows are...

Update 20 Jan 2010 Update Pic;

The red arrows are pointing to the areas I want redone. Can you all see the roll above my belly button?

06 March 2010: So I got my smart lipo update...

06 March 2010: So I got my smart lipo update on 22 Feb. The procedure was free but I had to pay $500 for use of the equipment. She did a touch up on my belly button and my sides. I am still swollen but I am DEFINTELY seeing a great difference now. I cant wait to see the final results. Here are the pictures:

Update 26 March 2010: So far its looking...

Update 26 March 2010: So far its looking good. I just hope she got all of it from my belly button. See pic below.

Photo Update

For anyone that is interested in my 2011 update.....

For anyone that is interested in my 2011 update...watch the video I created on YouTube. :)

Took this 19 Jan 2012! Still looking good and...

Took this 19 Jan 2012! Still looking good and LOVING it! So worth it!

My update a couple of years later with NO...

My update a couple of years later with NO exercising! This was WELL WORTH it!

4 Years Later

Dang time has passed really fast! I know some are probably tried of my updates but some will appreciate them :) It has been 4 years since my first smart lipo and I am STILL loving it! The best decision I ever made. I wish I would have gotten the fat on my bra rolls done at the same time. Anyway the scars are still visible as you can see from the picture..after 4 years! I knoww right, lol....but then again I have not done anything to assist in fading them. I just wanted to post this update to say that I do not exercise at all and after 4 years my results are still good. So if you are lazy like me and thinking of getting it it done I would recommend it! :) Let me know how your results come out. :)
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Looking good there lady, I believe I'm going to use the same doc after looking at your results
I think your result is AWESOME!
Thank you so much for your posting. I am scheduled to have my procedure done next Thurdays Nov. 7 2013. I have read lost of posts on this site, and when I came across yours pics I wanted to know more. Thank you for Keeping It REAL!!! I am more confident now, since some of these posts made me want to get my money back.
Great ice been watching
Im thinking of doing this. Ive had 4 children so my whole body definitely needs work but I'm concentrating on the tops of my legs and my stomach. I pretty much I understand the procedure by doing a lot of research myself. I'm just wondering what the person meant about what color you are? does it make a difference how your skin looks after the procedure whether your white or black? that may be a very stupid question but I just read something about the color of the skin and the smart lipo but they didn't say much more about it so I was wondering. my other question is what do y'all mean by touch ups? I know you have to go back to let them look at what they've done, but do they actually have to do more surgery? thank you very much for your post it actually helped me more than any other one that I have found on the internet. I'm trying to decide between SmartLipo, or cool lipo. can anyone help?
Hey, Girl!! OMG, you look great!! I have my pre-op visit tomorrow morning and am schedule for 3/26. Are there any helpful questions or pointers that I should be looking out for that you can think of off hand? I almost don't even know what questions to ask. I really appreciate you taking out the time to follow up and check back in over the years. I'm gonna try to do this to help someone else out. THANK YOU! ~Britt : )
Thanks so much for your sharing your experience and even more for the follow up. Its hard to find reviews for lipo results a few years later. I'm glad you still have good results. You look great.
Thanks for your nice reply and just to add I am not doing any exercise...smh, lol. I think if I could have endured the pain my upper abs would have came out better. I say its defintely worth it.
You look real nice
Hiya you look great!! I am also really pleased with results. Did you get any lumps? I have now got some (cant see them but can feel them) just wanted to know if you had any and if so how long then take to go (if they do :-( ) u must be thrilled!!!
Hello :) I believe I got a small lump on my right side... it wasnt really noticeable. I think I rubbed it out. Sorry for the late reply :)

Wow, looking awesome! Definitely worth it, I would say!

Thanks ma'am... its the best decision I ever made! :)
Very encouraging! Thanks...

Look at those abs! You look great. Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad to hear you're still doing well.

Thanks very much and this site has been SOOO soooo sooo very helpful to me! :)
YOU look AWESOME!!!! I'm 6 weeks today, can't wait for this swelling to go down! Haven't exercised, have you??? Curious if I can look as good as you !
Thanks Tamie... No exercise, lol. U r going to love your results!
The procedure looks worth it. How did you find the pain post-op?
Hi Toneal, how long did it take to achieve the results you have now? I did my procedure 6 wks now and I see results, but Im worried about how much results I'll see. The doctor says I wont see my true results until about 3 mths. I'm about your size and built, african american too and always had the same pooch problem.
As crazy as it may sound mine were instant then came the swelling, lol. But it was alot smaller than my before pic.
You are looking great! overall how long it took for the hardness/swelling/pain to dissipate?
I'm doing my consultation this week, I'm nervous but want it done so bad. My husband dnt care either way but I really want to say "yes" lol.
Thanks for your GREAT feedback! I am getting the procedure done in 2 weeks and am excited, but super nervous too. I appreciate you posting the details of your journey :)
Good luck! I had mine done a week ago and I'm going back next Thursday. You'll do great!