Not what I expected ..

Id rather have my old nose back than what I've...

Id rather have my old nose back than what I've been left with. My plastic surgeon is a family surgeon he's worked on my sister, aunt, and mother. All of which had amazing results (esp my sisters nose). My procedure however didn't go as planned, when he opened my nose he said he had to rebuild the left side & it took 3 1/2hrs instead of 2hrs. What I have now 2 weeks out is a perfect bridge but horiffic suture line, uneven nostrils & nose tip. See for yourselves ...

Ive been crying for the last 3 days after my sister being "honest" told me how bad it looks & I should make an appt to speak with my surgeon ASAP. Thanks sis

PS. sorry for the weird blocked out pictures, im just so mortified I cant bare to look at myself.
Dr Fail

Hey girl, I don't think it looks that bad!!! Could be way worse if he had complications during surgery. Really try not to make yourself crazy by crying, I had bad results as well of different surgery's. Almost got depressed. But be patient, let it rest for 3 months and then have a revision. I think your problem is really fixable!!! take care
Ill post better pictures soon because those are after I'm crying & I'm sure that made it swell more. I had a bit of a meltdown when I originally made this post & took the pics. Ohh the joys of being an emotional dramatic girl
Hi Faith, I am sorry you are not happy with the results. I wouldn't be too discouraged I am sure it is fixable somehow...I would look into getting a second opinion or a bit of further work if needed. Actually - in the last photo it doesn't look so bad - it could be some of the swelling but fear not - there is so much to be done nowadays to correct it if you are unhappy....Best Wishes and my thoughts and prayers are with you!
The last photo is at a normal angle and I agree it looks better when Im not sticking my face up lol! You're right I'm sure there is something to be done its just not what I expected. I thought I was going to go to sleep & wake up with the "perfect" nose. Meh too high of expectations I suppose
It could be some of the swelling. I hope that it evens out!
Me too! I'm taking a picture every day to see if its improving so hopefully next week I can see reduced swelling to cheer me up
Good! Positive thinking and taking good care of it will help so much. My nostrils look wonky, and there will be a lot of changes, so we'll just focus on the parts that we like and let the healing take place. Hugs!

I'm sorry your results don't measure up to the rest of your family's! That must feel like a real blow. Please let us know how your appointment goes. If you're not happy with his answer, you might consider getting a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. You can also post your photo and a question to doctors here on the site for feedback.

Virtual hugs and please keep us posted!

Appointment went okay. My doctor and girls in the office had all positive things to say before I told them my concerns. They weren't shocked at what I showed them and assured me it was normal. The doctor told me I have a very swollen glad on the right side of my nose & it could be removed with a future surgery but at the risk of having constant runny nose for the rest of my life .. Lol I'll pass ;) So I've come to accept that I can't change anything and must embrace the nose love the nose stop obsessing about the nose!
I'm so sorry that your result did not turn out as planned! It doesn't look as bad in the last photo you posted, and seems like something you can get fixed at a later time. I know it may be hard to be confident, but try not to let it consume you and still have hope that it can be fixed to your liking. I wish you all the best!
Thanks so much! Its really hard not to be obsessed
I have an appointment today to see what he had to say about this. Im expecting the "its still swollen" routine. Ill let you know what he says.
Hope you're ok girl. Have u spoken to ur PS yet?