2nd Rhinoplasty Made It Worth It . :)

I had rhinoplasty twice. The first time I told the...

I had rhinoplasty twice. The first time I told the doctor to straighten my nose ( people always asked if it had been broken) so I asked to have the bridge broken and striaightened and the tip left alone. I also asked to keep my general look the same.

In the course of the rhinoplasty, the doctor discovered I had polyps on my turbinates and I had to have a turbinoplasty and that my septum was crooked so that was straightened as well. Well all of these changes altered the outcome of my nose.  The turbinates actually had made my nose look smaller and now my nose looked projected.

I waited a year to make sure the swelling had gone down as much as it would and decided I was unhappy with the result. The doctor agreed that it wasn't what he had hoped it would be. He agreed to re-do my rhinoplasty, this time the goal was not to preserve my look, but to make me look as gorgeous as possible. I learned here that it is KEY to COMMUNICATE with your doctor. At this point I said I don't care how different I look, I care how good I look.

It has been about 4 months since that surgery. The doctor charged $4500 for the first surgery and $500 for the secondary surgery, but gave me free botox during the secondary surgery so it was all good. :) The doctor also called me at home right after the surgery and the next day to make sure I was feeling okay and asked that I visit every 1-3 months just to make sure the progress was as expected. At my three month check up, he said my nose was as small as it could (genetically) be.

I really like this doctor and think he does excellent work, I breathe better and my sinuses are more clear since my second rhinoplasty. The biggest lesson I learned here was that YOU HAVE TO COMMUNICATE with your doctor! I would recommend my doctor to anyone, he is really good. But if you don't tell someone specifically what you want, you won't get it. I learned that lesson the hard way. If you have any questions or would like to visit my doctor. contact me privately, i could at least provide before/after pics. katie

Hi, thank you so much for information, you give me hope. It has btheeen long year and half since my nose job, it has been long year of my life, I am looking for an experience surgent, to re fix my nose, would you please sent me your before and afterpics, yr natural nose,& yr first, & second nose job pics & yr doctor information please!!! I appreciate yr help!!!
Hi, I'm considering having a nose job to make my nose thinner/smaller/more girly, how painful was your experience and what is your doctors name?
can u please tell me who you went to? i'm looking for doctors and yours sounds just about right. thank you.
Are you still happy with the results from your revision rhinoplasty? If so, would you please forward me the Doctor's name? I would be flying out from the midwest and would like to look at the doctor's web site before I go. Thank you. Also, do you have a before and now picture you would feel comfortable sharing with me?
would you please send me the information on your doctor thank you!
katie could you please email me your Doctors name and where he is located please. Thank you
Hi I was wondering if i could get your Dr name, and location. And also before and after pictures. I would like to have a rhinoplasty hopefully this summer so im starting my research early. Thank you =)
Hi Katie, May I please have your doctor's name and contact info? before and after photos would also be great if you don't mind. Thanks!
could.u..email..me..the..dr..name..please..and.pics??thanks
can you send me the doctors name..thank you!

thanks for sharing! i'd love to see before/after pics as i have a consult coming up and want to make sure that i communicate clearly about what i want!  thankss!

i would also love to see the before and after pics! i've been trying to search for different doctors and i have yet to find one. i would love if you gave me the doctors contact info :) thanks!

hello! Can you please give me the contact name of your doctor?
Hi Where did you go? Mind giving up who you went to? I'm also looking and this doctor sounds cool.
i would love it if i could get your doctors name. I am currently searching for doctors and yours sounds like a good one. thank you :)
I am surprised that he was so cool about doing it again for so cheep! He must have known that he didn't achieve what HE wanted - These MD's sometimes seem more concerned about their satisfaction / perfection rather than the patients (which can actually be a good thing). Either way - its very cool you are now happy! Just wondering though - why didn't he know you had a deviated septum to begin with? That is something they are supposed to look for & find at your initial consultation... weird! Could you please post or contact me with pics of your natural nose, 1st nose job & then final outcome? Thanks :)
wow....i've had two surgeries myself and always an improvement on both but never had the final outcome i wanted. Could you send me contact infor for your doctor and before and after pics. I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your blog.