Sculptra Nightmare - Encino, CA

On day 13- I'm at loss for words. My right cheek...

On day 13- I'm at loss for words. My right cheek bone is swollen & I look deformed! I don't look like myself. My cheekbones look like my cats. I've had edema non stop. I have app on Wednesday I just don't know what to do. I have been massaging constantly but just swell.
I've called doctor last week they said it's normal for up to 2 weeks!

I was told they where suppose to massage me after injection NOBODY MASSAGED ME-

I massaged myself. People n comments say they where back to normal on third day.. I've been swollen non stop and everyone noticed it.

Had I known this substance is like silicone and may never go away in my face I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE IT.

How did FDA approve this.

I suppose to go back for more sculptra second treatment but I will never ever put this garbage in my face. Who knows what the future holds. I was already beautiful... I've ruined myself n my life

DONT DO IT- do a different filler
God help me

Sculptra swelling less after 17 days

My cheek has a bump or corner like- looks like shit

Slow progress

Well almost 3 weeks in. Swelling has gone down but I'm not Impressed. My cheekbones are still sticking out and I literally feel sum mass on them. I keep massaging don't know what the F TO expect... Dr. App on Wednesday last week shot left my right tear through with a Deflated dent. I just can't f******g win!!
Encino Dermatology & Laser: Alex Khadavi MD

I AGREE!!!!!!!
hi n. are your cheekbones back to normal? they are a luttle pointy. why do thy even put it there? obviously you had cheeks already. i hope kenalog helped them go down...
In that case, is not about the sculptra, and sure about the doctor.
Sculptra is human experimentation.
And to think I was so excited about the longevity of it!!!!!!! LOL
Get a better MD who know how to inject the scultra . I had been doing scultra since 2002 before was approved for FDA. It was only one dr on Sobe who was training in France and the result in me are amazing. All theses side effect are example of bad injection for your MD.., tell him or her to take some lesson with the MD in Sobe
I live on Sobe and would love to see you for injections. Are you a doctor and what's your address? Make me beautiful!! :)
Really??? I DONT HAVE THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! I have spent so much money on injections that I am tapped out. If I didnt have to keep going back to even this and that out it would have been within the budget that I set up. Now, let's talk about how this stuff makes your face FAT!!! How can you fix that??? I have a round face now and it's been a year since I was injected the first time than of course all of the trying to fix areas. I just want this stuff to dissapear.
I paid over $1,500 on sculptra and they scheduled me with a nurse. I think she put two vials on me. I was not given another appointment. Weird.
you guys are freaking me out. I have had 2 vials, then another 2, then 1, and I have 2 more already purchased. I remember my dr. saying injections should not be near your temple... that stuff is tooo expensive to be having bad results.! but I also spent my life savings for a boob job, TT and lipo and they all look like dog poo.... don't look at me im hideous!.. But don't worry! that sculptra DOES go away.. but its supposed to produce collagen for up to 2 years.. I cant believe they didn't massage you! I think my doc may have massaged a little too hard and I had a black eye for 3 weeks.. that sucked. good luck you guys!!!!
You should be freaked out. Its going on a year and the lump in my temple hasnt shrunk at all. I went yesterday to my Surgeon and he gave me cortisone shots in it. So far nothing. My face looks lopsided because of this. And it was so funny when I first got there he said, Oh you need more sculptra in your cheek. He had just put more sculptra in my cheek a month ago!!!!!!! I told him that so then he went for the cortisone.
Lumps are there forever. Cutting out takes normal tissue and leaves scars.
The lump that I had on my right temple did disapear. It took several months, but the one cortisone shot worked. I went in for a second and the doctor said to wait so I'm glad I didn't push him on it.
By the way, this picture is my left side my lump is on the right
The knot you posted with your picture is EXACTLY what I have!!! My doctor never said anything about Steroids. His injector of 10 years just left and he gave him a crash course on injections as he wasnt doing them before. LOL This would all be hysterical if it were not really happening!!! To Real People who obviously were vain to begin with!!!!!!!!!!
Lovely. Maybe I can super glue my hair to it!!!!!!!
Frankenstein. I have said that over and over. I had a neck lift, laser and sculptra and botox. The sculptra has made my face look fat. I had to go back to him at 9 months, last week and have more put in my right cheek because its been hollow from day 1 and never matched. AND............ THE WONDERFUL BUMP ON MY TEMPlE. It is HUGE. I look just like Frankenstein. Oh but the doctor sais it will go away??? Really when???? In ten f ing years???? Ive already waited 9 months. Im tired of going back to him and paying more money. This is exhausting. I dont even look like me. People look at me weird. I am so depressed I dont even know what to do. I owe him 500.00 and I dont want to pay him now.
I am at 9 months the grotesque knot from sculptra on my right cheeck bone is going strong. Im going in Sat. Plus, my left side is perfect and my right side is hollow. And.........My face is fatter. I do not like that.
Linda, your face sounds like me. The lump on my right side got shot with kenalog steroid - I see a little going down on day 2- my doc just keeps brushing it off like oh this is coming along good.. I'm like wtf!!!! My right side seems fuller. He wanted to do more next week as I paid for 2 vials from get go and I said HELL NO!! So juvederm it will be to even the whole face! Sculptra is HELL!!! Good luck this weekend
Hey, are they brothers??? My doctor keeps saying, "Now Linda, everyone is not perfect"!!!!!!! Are you kidding me???? Thats not what I heard 7500 dollars ago. And that doesnt count all the touch ups!!! You should of seen what the Restalyne did to my lips. I had a large lump on my bottom lip that to this day is still visible. My lips went down right away except of course the lump.
I said the same thing..i wanted the sulptra so bad but then my face looked fat! ugh! great now my face matches my body and I look like a butter ball.hahaha I just wanted my pock marks to fill in a little but no they are still goin strong.. yuk
wth is up with doctors with their lame ass excuses..you effed up.admit it! I got a boob job and one is bigger than the other...you know what they told me? most women have one bigger than the other....I said I bet not the women that paid 8 grand for them~!!!! BS!
Well, my steroid shots in my Frankenstein lump did help 50 %. But, no my face is not the same on both sides. I still do have the bump. Its not as noticeable. But, it is still there. And as far as the Juvederm. I had that in my lips twice and it didnt stick. It worked for about 3 weeks and just disolved. But, then again the doctor injected me with more sculptra in my right cheek thinking that would mask the bump, but it never did and my right side is still flatter than my left.
HaHaHa, Ya Know there is nothing funny about this. But, if I didnt have this forum to vent too, I dont know what I would do. I really went in with high hopes. So much for that. I guess with all the money the movie stars have, thats why most of them look good. They probably go every frickin week and keep paying and paying until they are perfect. Sorry, I am a blue collar worker (someone has to be) and I cannot afford to keep going back because the doctor said it was going to look this way and it didnt.
Ha!!! They arent going to admit it. They dont want to get sued or worse yet give money back. That's not they're business. And yes, it is BS!!!!!!!!! I guarantee they are very wealthy while we are sitting here on our laptops crying over screwed up faces!!!!!!!!!