If Your Thryoidectmoy Scar is Infected , What is in the Shot That Gets Injected into Scar Line?

I had a thyroidectomy in november. Two months ago my scar turned red , sore and puffy. I went to my doctor today and he gave me a series of shots into my scar. He did not explain much to me . Why did he give me shots and what could be wrong?

Treatment of thyroid scars

+1

Your scar may be inflamed and red, causing it to hypertrophy and keloid.  I have treated thyroid scars with excellent success in the past. They usually require aggressive treatment.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/49/hyperhidrosis--sweating.aspx

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.