Which Would Work Better on Breast Reduction Scars, Silicone Gel or Silicone Sheets?

I've been researching scar treatments for my upcoming breast reduction, and silicone products are often recommended. Scarprin, a silicone gel seems to be the most highly rated scar treatment product on the market, but silicone sheets seem to be more recommended for breast reductions. Which would work better? I know that the scars should be the least of my worries, but I simply want the best possible allover results.

Scar Treatment Options Breast Surgery

+2

In your particular case I would suggest the sheets.  You can keep them on for days and therefore are more compliant with the care and they work very well.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Silicone on scars

+2

There is no difference between silicone gel or sheets- its a question of which one you are actually going to use. If you don't use it it's no good!  The sheets can be placed and changed every two days (despite what it says on the packaging- in my experience) The gel; has to be applied daily. 

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon