Can a Chemical Peel Help with Actinic Keratosis?

I have had Actinic Keratosis skin cancer in the past on my chest and shoulder.It was removed using some sort of acid and scraping technique. I think I now have a very small patch on the side of my nose. I was wondering if a chemical peel could help this? Thanks

TCA peels do great to help get rid of Actinic Keratoses!

+2

TCA peels are often used to get rid of pre cancers such as actinic keratoses as well as wrinkles.  If you have something on the nose, you should see your dermatologist and probably need the whole face treated to get rid of stuff not seen yet. cost is roughly 750-1500 for full face TCA peel.. Sincerely, Dr Hansen

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of actinic keratoses on side of nose, yes application of a chemical peel can work

+1

Obviously a proper diagnosis is needed. Once that is established, we have many options for treating an actinic keratosis on the side of the nose: TCA peel, liquid nitrogen, home application (via prescription) of aldara/imiquimod, diclofenac or 5-FU. The most important part is ensuring its resolution without any unwanted effects!

Miami Beach Dermatologist

Chemical peels for actinic keratoses

+1
Firstly, an actinic keratosis is not the same as skin cancer. An actinic keratosis is a precancer. Before you do any procedure make sure you have the lesion checked by a board-certified dermatologist. Chemical peels, particularly TCA peels, can be great for treating an area to reduce the frequency of actinic keratoses. Insurance may even pay for this indication.

Web reference: http://www.aglowdermatology.com

A great option

+1

Chemical peels are an excellent "field treatment" for precancerous spots on the skin.  Sometimes the procedure may even be covered by insurance.  It is also easier on the patient because you come in for the treatment and don't have to worry about putting creams on daily and the peel will even treat areas that aren't yet visible to your doctor's eye!

Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peel for Actinic Keratosis

+1

Chemical peels, like TCA peels, can be helpful for treating sun damage, including actinic keratosis. It is important to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist to be certain the area is benign, and for routine follow-up.

Any suspicious skin lesions should be biopsied for diagnosis. If you have the area treated and it recurs, a biopsy should be reconsidered.

Web reference: http://www.drmele.com/skin.html#tca

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon