Will There Ever Be a Really Effective Acne Treatment?

What kind of research is being done on acne? Will a new drug or treatment come out to radically change the treatment options we have? It still seems crazy to me that acne treatment is still such a 'hit or miss' ordeal for most people.

Better Than Accutane..Not Yet

+1

Most of the acne research for a blockbuster type drug revolves around manipulating the Iso- Tretinoin molecule to find something safer and less terratogenic. Considering I have seen only two Accutane failures in 28 years, I would say that this is a pretty phenomenal drug. If you wre already on it a few times and it did not work, perhaps a higher dosage would be effective.

Aczole which is dapsone gel is the newest thing out, but it would be a weak sister drug compared to Accutane.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist