Will High Profile Breast Implants Give Me Cleavage and Roundness?

I have had one surgey already in jan this year to fix my breasts that were differant sizes my first augmentation was 2 lowprofile implants 350cc i found they were not big enough and they gave me no cleavage.

i am going back in 4 a 2nd one in 2 weeks now i have decided to go with HIGH PROFILE IMPLANTS 450CC i cant seem to find any info on them and i need to no if that is wat is going to give me cleavage and the roundness but i dnt want them not to suit me please can u help. also i am 28 years old and are of medium build. i would also like to no if i lose weight will they look bigger or smaller??? thank u

Your valid questions and concerns should be discussed with your surgeon

+2

Hello Dayna,

It sounds like you have very valid and practical questions concerning your implants. I urge you to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon and let him help you decide what size and shape will give you your desired outcome. I always say that communication with your physician is ESSENTIAL to a great surgical experience--and you deserve that!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

It all depends on your body shape and tissue quality

+2

Dayna,

It it hard to give you specific advice on breast implants without examining you and/or seeing pictures. The high profile implants will give you more projection for a given volume.

However, the final shape really depends on your body shape and tissue characteristics. For your other question, loosing weight, will make the implants look larger since the implants will stay the same size while your body will be smaller.

David Shafer, MD

No, they will give you more projection for the same volume

+2

The key in implant selection is proper sizing. The width should be measured to give adequate cleavage. Cleavage is also affected by the amount of breast tissue you have before the surgery, the width of the breast bone, and whether the implants are above or below the muscle.

Roundness will also be affected by the style of the implant (round or teardrop), type of implant (saline vs. gel), and the width. The wider the diameter there may be more cleavage and roundness. Saline tend to be more round than gel , but gel have other advantages.

The projection of the implant helps determine final size or volume of the implant. After selecting the correct width, a patient that wants to be smaller and less noticeable will be best served with a lesser projecting, gel implant. Someone who wants to be significantly larger, and has adequate skin (not too tight) would then have a high profile implant. A common indication is someone with a narrow frame that wants a full C cup, usually will need a high profile implant.

The surgeon needs to examine you and help you determine which implants will fit, how they might fit, and to help you decide how best to obtain your objectives. In addition he should describe the risks.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

High profile implants will have less diameter and more projection

+2

It is important to understand the difference between low and high profile implants to imagine the results that you will have following surgery.

Your current 350cc low profile implants have a wider diameter and lower projection. They fill more of your chest diameter without giving you projection.

Replacing the 350 with a 450 will give you a little more volume but mainly an increase in your profile which seems like what you want.

The choice of the new size is very dependent on your current breast measurements. Your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to show you the different options and what would best fit your anatomy.

In general I use high and moderate plus implants, they tend to give a nice projection.

The changes in your breast shape following weight loss will be dependent on the amount of weight loss and the percentage of glandular to fatty tissue in your breast.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Cleavage depends on your natural breast positioning

+1

Post-operative cleavage will depend on your pre-surgery cleavage. You have wide-set breasts, which means you'll probably continue to have wide-set breasts after surgery. However, while you may have a bit of improvement, it may not be as much as you want. Unfortunately, your surgeon can only do so much to give you cleavage before it looks abnormal, since the implants have to remain centred underneath your nipples.  

Jerome Edelstein, MD

High profile implants!

+1
High profile implants have more projection and thus will give you more upper pole fullness and cleavage than other profile.  

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implants For Cleavage & Roundness

+1

Cleavage will not necessarily be helpful by utilizing high profile implants for a variety of reasons. Cleavage occurs because of a narrow gap between the medial borders of the two breasts.

The patient’s baseline anatomy is the most important factor in determining whether cleavage can exist. In some patients with laterally displaced nipple areola complexes cleavage may not be possible. In this situation, the implants must be centered beneath the areola. This will often result in widely spaced breast mounds.

In other cases, underlying chest wall deformities can impact cleavage as well. Cleavage may be unattainable in patients who have prominent sternums with a downward lateral slope.

Unfortunately, the choice of implant may not significantly impact the problem. High profile implants have relatively narrow base dimensions and probably would not alter cleavage. These implants create more anterior breast projection and upper breast fullness.

If you have questions regarding this topic, it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon. This surgeon should be able to help you formulate an appropriate game plan.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Choosing medium or high profile breast implants

+1

Cleavage is more affected by the ultimate positioning of the implants, medial release of pectoralis muscle fibers, genetics, and volume and dimension measurements of the implant with respect to your breast size and shape. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How to Select the Profile of Your Breast Implants

+1

This is actually a very common question. The profile of the implant describes the width and projection of the implant. So a low profile implant is much wider and does not project as much.  A high profile implant is much more narrow and projects more. The implant profile is chosen based on the measurements of your chest and the look you are looking to achieve.

Without examining you, I am unable to say which is best for you. You want to be sure that the implant is the appropriate width so that your results look natural. If you are looking for more volume, you may need to increase the number of cc's. Also it is important to note that your cleavage is also dependent upon your body shape and your breast tissue. If your breasts were further apart before surgery, implants are not going to create the type of cleavage you may see in magazines. To create this type of cleavage, you may consider several types of push up bras. 

Tarick K. Smaili, MD

Cleavage will not be affected by higher profile implants.

+1

With the same volume, high profile implants have a smaller diameter than moderate profile implants.  Cleavage can be generated by implants of any style provided there is no capsular contracture.  A bra or bathing suit can then move the volume of each breast towards the other.