When Will I See the Final Result of a Macs Face Lift? (photo)

Had a macs face lift six weeks ago. I had a good recovery as I am healthy and a non smoker.i researched and chose a well reputed surgeon.I am concerned as my jaw line has a dip above and my smile is crooked. In certain lighting I look very hard and not pleasant.I was told that things will settle with time .i am very worried that I will not see my familiar self due to my crooked smile.

Postoperative patience

+1

You are still in the relatively early healing stages after your surgery.  Swelling persists and can effect symmetry and even muscle and nerve function in some people for up to 3 or even rarely 6 months.  Try and be patient and as the healing continues, I bet you will see a very nice outcome.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

MACS Facelift and Recovery

+1

There are variations of a MACS lift with different suturing techniques, etc.  These will factor into the swelling and healing process as well.  In general, at 3 weeks you should notice a marked reduction in swelling.  However, to observe final results and evening of tissues and softening you may need 6 months or more.

It takes several months for the final facelift result

+1

You are a bit too early to be concerned. MACS and other forms of mini or full facelifts takes several months to achieve your final result. By 3 months in many you begin to appreciate your final result but in others it takes longer. Most important are regular follow-p visits with your plastic surgeon who can guide you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facelift Post Op Settling

+1

Your result will become more apparent with time.  Your results may even be better now with your current pictures but can not tell because there are no pictures at 2 weeks or pre op.  Continue to see you PS on your scheduled follow up appointments.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Results after MACS facelift

+1

The tightness from sutures used in the MACS facelift usually lasts for three months and then results do settle and balance out. The technique is a very good one and you too should have a great result.