When Will I See the Final Result of a Macs Face Lift? (photo)

Had a macs face lift six weeks ago. I had a good recovery as I am healthy and a non smoker.i researched and chose a well reputed surgeon.I am concerned as my jaw line has a dip above and my smile is crooked. In certain lighting I look very hard and not pleasant.I was told that things will settle with time .i am very worried that I will not see my familiar self due to my crooked smile.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

MACS Facelift Results Improve With Time

+2

The MACS Facelift, while less invasive that other types of facelift procedures in some cases can lead to prolonged swelling.  The sutures used to tighten and suspend the tissues can cause prolonged swelling and contour irregularites in some situations.  Patients don't always swell symmetrically either.  This can be very disconcerting to patients in the early postop period.  The good news is that the vast majority of this swelling and asymmetry resolves quite nicely.  From the photos shared, there is some indication that you are progressing quite nicely and will have an excellent result.  Based on the photos, I would not be alarmed, but a specific discussion with your surgeon about your concerns always helps!  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.bitarinstitute.com

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative patience

+1

You are still in the relatively early healing stages after your surgery.  Swelling persists and can effect symmetry and even muscle and nerve function in some people for up to 3 or even rarely 6 months.  Try and be patient and as the healing continues, I bet you will see a very nice outcome.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

MACS Facelift and Recovery

+1

There are variations of a MACS lift with different suturing techniques, etc.  These will factor into the swelling and healing process as well.  In general, at 3 weeks you should notice a marked reduction in swelling.  However, to observe final results and evening of tissues and softening you may need 6 months or more.

It takes several months for the final facelift result

+1

You are a bit too early to be concerned. MACS and other forms of mini or full facelifts takes several months to achieve your final result. By 3 months in many you begin to appreciate your final result but in others it takes longer. Most important are regular follow-p visits with your plastic surgeon who can guide you.

Facelift Post Op Settling

+1

Your result will become more apparent with time.  Your results may even be better now with your current pictures but can not tell because there are no pictures at 2 weeks or pre op.  Continue to see you PS on your scheduled follow up appointments.

Dr. ES

Results after MACS facelift

+1

The tightness from sutures used in the MACS facelift usually lasts for three months and then results do settle and balance out. The technique is a very good one and you too should have a great result.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/facelift