When Will I See the Final Result of a Macs Face Lift? (photo)

Had a macs face lift six weeks ago. I had a good recovery as I am healthy and a non smoker.i researched and chose a well reputed surgeon.I am concerned as my jaw line has a dip above and my smile is crooked. In certain lighting I look very hard and not pleasant.I was told that things will settle with time .i am very worried that I will not see my familiar self due to my crooked smile.

Postoperative patience

You are still in the relatively early healing stages after your surgery.  Swelling persists and can effect symmetry and even muscle and nerve function in some people for up to 3 or even rarely 6 months.  Try and be patient and as the healing continues, I bet you will see a very nice outcome.

MACS Facelift and Recovery

There are variations of a MACS lift with different suturing techniques, etc.  These will factor into the swelling and healing process as well.  In general, at 3 weeks you should notice a marked reduction in swelling.  However, to observe final results and evening of tissues and softening you may need 6 months or more.

It takes several months for the final facelift result

You are a bit too early to be concerned. MACS and other forms of mini or full facelifts takes several months to achieve your final result. By 3 months in many you begin to appreciate your final result but in others it takes longer. Most important are regular follow-p visits with your plastic surgeon who can guide you.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facelift Post Op Settling

Your result will become more apparent with time.  Your results may even be better now with your current pictures but can not tell because there are no pictures at 2 weeks or pre op.  Continue to see you PS on your scheduled follow up appointments.

Dr. ES

Results after MACS facelift

The tightness from sutures used in the MACS facelift usually lasts for three months and then results do settle and balance out. The technique is a very good one and you too should have a great result.