When Can Makeup Be Applied After Putting on Latisse? Can I Put It on in the Morning a Few Minutes Before I Do my Makeup?

I was wondering if when Latiesse is applied makes any difference in how long or how effective the results may be? The directions mention night time, but the doctor's office from where I made my purchase stated that you can apply any time during the day, even over makeup? I am wondering which is the best way to proceed.

Latisse is best applied at night.

+2

Best results are achieved when Latisse is applied at bedtime after cleansing your face (for great cleansers see Miracle 10 skincare). This timing allows the eyelash treatment the most access to your hair follicles without interruption from any other products. If you really prefer applying the product in the morning, I would recommend letting Latisse dry completely before applying any eye makeup. Keep in mind that this method of application may result in a longer wait time for results or diminished results overall.

Applying Latisse

+1

I suggest applying it at night after you have cleaned your face with a gentle cleanser. Most patients prefer to apply Latisse at night and it is what is recommended.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best times to apply Latisse

+1

Latisse can be applied at any time during the day but it should be applied, like all topical medications, before your makeup. Most of my patients find it convenient to apply Latisse at bedtime and prefer to apply it then.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

How to apply Latisse

+1

It's best to apply the Latisse directly to clean eyelashes and not over makeup. Just because some makeup has properties that can put a plasticy film on the eyelid that is harder for the Latisse to penetrate. Most of my employees apply the Latisse in the morning after showering and before makeup. Just be consistent - choose day or night applications - and apply to clean eyelids for better results.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD