What Type of Arnica Works Best?

What type of Arnica works the best for bruising after a cosmetic surgery procedure- Arnica Montana, Arnica gel, Arnica tablets, or something else? What makes one type better than another?

Arnica montana pellets are more effective than arnica gel or cream

+6

As a cosmetic Dermatologist, I recommend my patients prepare for their filler appointments by beginning 4-5 arnica montana pellets sublingually (under the tongue) every few hours for two days before their appointment, and following again for another two days.

This harmless homeopathic, widely available nontoxic preparation can be easily found in health food stores. It is known to help decrease the potential bruising that can come with filler injections and speed healing.

We also recommend stopping the intake of aspirin-containing compounds for 10 days prior to filler sessions also to decrease bruising. And if the patient is a known "bruiser", we recommend ceasing the intake of extra vitamin E as well as garlic for a week before the injection session.

Arnica also comes in a gel or cream form, which is helpful as well, but not quite as effective as the sublingual pellets.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Arnica Montana is Essential for Procedures: Bruisestick Arnica Montana

+2

Bruising after a procedure can be minimized by standardized Arnica montana. Pellets purchased in a grocery store or health food store are often not standardized.

I recommend Bruisestick to my patients. It is standardized and safely applied to the skin surface. Bruisekare is also appropriate, as it comes in a standardized tablet taken three times daily.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Arnica: Which Brand Is Best For Surgery: BruiseKare

+1

Arnica is effective for the reduction of bruising, edema, and inflammation associated with surgery.

In our clinical experience, we have found the most effective brand of  arnica montana to be the Bruisestick  that is used three times daily before and after surgery.

In terms of topical brands, the best standardized form of Arnica is BruiseStick, which is available commercially in the United States.

Non-standardized pellets and creams are inappropriate for surgery or injections as they are not standardized to surgical doses.

Ask your physician for these brands.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS