Post to Forum

How was your Smartlipo recovery?

• sanjosewoman
  • san jose
  • 6 years ago

I'm thinking about smartlipo next week and don't know if I can drive home myself after that. How many days should I take off from work? how long will you see the result? thanks.

View 5 doctor answers to SmartLipo Recovery

Comments (653)

Sort by

I had my inner, outer thights and saddle bag area done 4- weeks ago on March 7th. I see very little progress, I wore my compression garment all day for a week, then wore in 12-14 hours for two weeks after that. I still wear spanx at night. I'm normally a size 12-14. I would like to be a size 10-12. Will I see more results later?
  • Reply
April 7th made a month post op for me. I see some progress but not what I had hpe for. I'm normally a 12-14 in size and still the same 30-days later. I still wear my compression garment at night, still a little sore. Still hoping to see more result as the healing process continues.
  • Reply
Remember Smart lipo does not make u lose wt. It takes away the fat deposits & contours your body. Remember to keep wearing your garment. Legs will take awhile to see improvements trust me. Im 5 months post op and just now seeing the changes. Recovery takes any where from 6-12 months. Did u take b4 & after pictures?
  • Reply
I wore my compression garment 24-7 unless to wash it for 4months straight per dr request. Im 5months& finally out of I unless I exeexercise hard core than he told me to wear it.
  • Reply
Yes I have a b4 picture. I need to take a few progress pictures. I will wear my garment longer hours. Thanks for sharing the information.
  • Reply
Let me know when u post them :) trust me give it time you will see the changes.
  • Reply
Fayefaye I understand your confusion regarding the smart Lipo. Like it has been stated, smart Lipo is not for weight loss but most of us expect to see results like being slimmer. I had my inner thighs done on 12/4/13...I HATE what he did to my thighs. All I wanted was for the pockets of fat at the top of my inner thighs to be removed. I expected the doctor to remove and cut away excess skin leaving a small scar. No, he wants to do Lipo. Well my thighs are now very noticeably asymmetrical and I still have the pockets of fat at the top of my thighs with the middle of my thighs being concaved from where he removed fat. I was not looking to have smaller thighs but they are a little smaller. I still feel the effects of the Lipo four months later. I do still wear my compressions also. Right now my doctor has me doing zerona treatments (low laser) to see if it helps with evening out the fat. I dont see it working...I believe he will need to go back and do more Lipo or surgery (to avoid having my skin sag even worse). I'm telling you all of this so that you know that if you have a good doctor he will work to make you happy with results. This stuff is not cheap and we deserve to be happy with the end results. Keep doing what you are advised to do and communicate with your doctor...and patience is the key.
  • Reply
Nettie41. I had inner & outer thighs dont as well. Our leg result sounds similar. I dont have too much sag on back of legs but i know its there. My inner legs are shaped looking concave as well. Im 5 months post op dr told me to give it a yr and we'll revisit issue if it hasn't changed. Your so right patience is the key. My family doesn't know I did all of this this web site is a blessing. To be able to support each other what a great thing. All of us have fears of unknowns. Please keep me posted on your progress.
  • Reply
Oh yes, continue to wear your CG as much as you can. I had my surgery the same day as you and I have ordered smaller ones and binder I plan on wearing mine until 3 month mark just to protect my investment
  • Reply
I totally agree with you Ray of Hope. I don't talk about my surgeries with my family either...I also had a full tummy tuck with Lipo three months ago, which turned beautifully. Different doc did that procedure. I will keep you posted in my progress.
  • Reply
Thanks
  • Reply
Thanks
  • Reply
Thanks for sharing. I see caving in my thighs also. My doctor want's to do Venus Freeze for better shaping and the encaving of my thighs, but I haven't decided if I'll let her do it yet. Making progress, and still hoping for more results.
  • Reply
I didn't share with my family either:)
  • Reply
Let me know if you decide to try it and if it works.
  • Reply
deedina I had smart lipo done to my chin/neck area March 20, 2014. I was advised to wear compression garment 24/7 for the first week, however, I had to return to work within 3rd day and could only wear for 18 hours. I am now into my second week, still swollen and had first follow up visit. See a little change but results I had expected before having procedure. Advised to wear compression as much as possible for 1-2 months. Staying hopefully and hoping for better outcome. Will post again throughout my recovery process.
  • Reply
March 8th and I made it to 4months post op. I still have deep bruising. Still waiting to see more changes in my legs. Been happy so far. Hard to stay on a good diet. I work out alot. I went from a size 12 to a size 6. When does the site holes go away? I still have them. I still have deep bruising in my inner thighs my legs are for sure smaller but still not 100% happy with them. Anyone have advice on what to expect next in my healing?
  • Reply
I'm only almost 3 weeks in to post op. My abdomen is still swollen and tender as well as my arms but no bruising. I had some lumps but I massage each day. When did u start to see a difference in your body? Mine looks exactly the same and I was told only to wear spanx.
  • Reply
Seen a differ rt away. But every one heals differ. Once swelling goes down u will see a differ. I was told to wear a garment its very tight. The garment helps your skin heal back to your body. Is the spanx loose?
  • Reply
I am going up and down with swelling. I think its the salt intake so I am increasing my water tomorrow. Have you tried sitting in a sauna. I am trying that on Monday. I saw a difference immediately and I know my arms are smaller. I can tell by the way my shirts slide on now. Just waiting for all the swelling to go down. Give it time, it will show.
  • Reply
Hello I'm getting smart lipo march the 24th n want some advice on to dos n don't b4 n after the procedure
  • Reply
I'm not sure if my experience will be helpful as I'm only a little over 2 weeks healing and feel lost. I was never given compression garments and was told spanx was enough. I still have tenderness in my abdomen and some bruising. I also don't see any difference in my body
  • Reply
I'm hoping your doctor have you information about what to do before and after the procedure! My doc was fantastic. But I do know that I had to stop taking medication like ibuprofen two weeks before (don't want to bleed out! Don't worry, it's with any procedure you'll ever do) your doc should give you a full body compression garment and yes, spanx did wonders for me! I wore what the doc gave me for months and then switched to spanx. I drank lots of water and watched my food intake. What areas are you having done? I had flanks, upper and lower abs done- all the way down to my butt! :-) he also took off a mole while I was sedated. I was awake when it was done, which I think surprised him! I fought sleep and wanted to see what he was doing. Be prepared to be naked in the areas being treated. Remember that they are professionals. Big thing for me was right after! I had to stand up and have the nurse help me put on the compression garment. I was nauseous from The medication and it sure was funny to have a woman try to pull up that garment near your backside. When you get home, rest rest rest! Do this for a few days. Do not overdo it. You'll regret it. So after a week, possibly two, you will prob feel normal and love what you see. :-) good luck! Oh, I had 4lbs taken from my procedure!
  • Reply
My doc showed my what fat he took out. 4lbs! You should feel tenderness still... Go get spanx. But you should've gotten a compression garment. I still have mine two years later! Good luck!
  • Reply
Hi, I just had mine done on 02/14/14..they should give you instructions before and after your surgery. My advise is keep compression garment on except of course when you shower and avoid high sodium food. Try and move around when you can. Even when I was in pain, I followed all the Dr's post-op instructions. I walk every 2 hrs for 10 mins and I moved as much as I can.
  • Reply