How was your Smartlipo recovery?

• sanjosewoman
  • san jose
  • 6 years ago

I'm thinking about smartlipo next week and don't know if I can drive home myself after that. How many days should I take off from work? how long will you see the result? thanks.

View 5 doctor answers to SmartLipo Recovery

Comments (735)

Sort by

I had two weeks ago smart lipo of my upper arms and already see a change. I was instructed to have lymphatic massage which I did and now I will do ultrasound on the arms for three weeks and I started light 3 lbs weight exercises. I am leaving my compression garment on because I still at night time have inflammation - I only wished I had done this 10 Years ago
  • Reply
I did smart lipo on my inner thighs I still have a cellulite problem.im 6 months out & getting very unhappy w legs. Worried because the stories inhave read the revision have not turned out well. Has anyone done a revision on legs or abs that they are now happy with?
  • Reply
I just had my final follow up appointment for the smart Lipo done on my thighs 12/4/2014. It ended with the doc stating I was right...smart Lipo is not enough for my thighs...I need a thighs lift. But he does not do them. SIGH!!! Over $5000 down the drain. I think if he would have focussed on the areas I was concerned with they would be fine (the upper thighs). He took a lot of fat from the middle thighs. They are a little smaller, but I still won't feel comfortable wearing shorts or swimsuits. Bummed!
  • Reply
Thats where I am. I told him what areas I wanted fixed & they are not. I have a dr appt next month to see what he says
  • Reply
same here not enough taken out on inner thighs, thinking of looking into coolsculpting to tone everything up, yes lots of money for smart lipo. not sure if I would go thru this again. I see a little change but still only a wk out, will just continue to workout. good luck.
  • Reply
How much is coolsculpting?
  • Reply
I only had 1 consult it was about $ 3,000 going to another doc too in a couple of wks. THis sounds kind of high and expensive.
  • Reply
It does sound high. But any cosmetic surgery is. Will see my dr @ end of month to see what he says. I might just let it be what it is. We'll see. I have already spent so much $ I dont for see spending any more.
  • Reply
hi ray of hope, I know to much.. how long did he tell u to wear garment for? I am 10 days postop and he told me wear all next wk during the day and take off at night. I see him in a month so not sure how long I guess I better call his office.
  • Reply
yes me to... he said I need velashape to smooth legs out 4 treatments r 500.00 for area so that's another 2,000 ... Idk maybe should of gotten regular lipo.. for the amount of money I paid. Can't wait to start jogging again which will be mid july.. I walk for now.
  • Reply
I wore mine night & day. Only Tim I took it off was to shower & wash it. I wore it for 5months.
  • Reply
Painful to have to pay anymore money. My dr did smart lipo and regular lipo. But im not very happy w my legs. I'll post more pic soon. Its time to up date my profile. The 8th I'll be 7 months post op.
  • Reply
oh wow that's a long time I can't stand wearing it especially while working because I sit all day, but I guess I better wear it. ty
  • Reply
I hated working in it too but my dr said 24hrs a day except to wash it. I had good results now I wish I was still wearing it. I sometimes think about wearing it to bed.
  • Reply
The cost is high. But they are they only doc that does this I had abs and both flanks. Done at the tune of 6000.00
  • Reply
Wow!! I hope you love the outcome.
  • Reply
Yes. So far. The belly is going down. I am still retaining fluid. But as I understand this takes time I'm not going to regret I made a decision to go forward
  • Reply
I had that done 2 as well as my inner & outer legs. Im happy w abs but rt where my pants lay there is still a slight "puffy" area. It is not very noticeable but I know its there.
  • Reply
Please do not drive yourself home after Lipo. Fort of all you don't know how the medication used during the procedure will affect you; secondly you won't want to drive. How long you take off work depends on the procedure you are having. Your doctor will let you know'm own what down time is best. Again, how quickly you see results depends on what areas you are having the work done on. All of these questions should be answered for you during your consultation. Wishing you the best.
  • Reply
For sure dont drive your self home. I didnt drive til day 4
  • Reply
Yes. Do not drive ! My daughter drove me and we got about 1/2 mile when we had to pull over so I could vomit and vomit
  • Reply
Listen to Nettie. Do not drive home alone , I'm surprised the doctor would let you
  • Reply
hello, I just had it done today a little pain I had inner , outer and knees done some drainage only and of course selling, took 1 vicodin so far so good, hope to see results soon, I've been working out for yrs and had fat deposits so hopefully it's all gone we will c, they say 3 months to see results.
  • Reply
challenger40 how are you doing now? I just had a combo of smart and tumescent lipo done on my posterior upper and lower thighs. I don't respond well to pain meds so I am only taking tylenol - but I am feeling okay. Wondering how you're doing one week out. I didn't tell friends and family (only my husband) so I'm wondering how well I'll be able to hide the pain and swelling.
  • Reply
No one but my hubby knows. I only took pain meds for 2 days. I faked it very well.
  • Reply