What can I do for the sagging skin on my neck?
What Can I Do for Loose Neck Skin?
Doctor Answers 6
Loose skin on the neck can be addressed in three...
Loose skin on the neck can be addressed in three ways:
- If it is just excess fat, then often a simple liposuction can be performed.
- If it is only the excess neck skin in the midline that bothers a person, then a direct excision can be performed, which is called a submentoplasty. This is really best for older individuals who heal well with their scars and have a relatively strong jaw line.
- Finally, the more common procedure is a neck lift where incisions are placed behind the ears and the excess skin is removed after elevating the tissues of the neck and pulling behind the ears so that the scar is not visible.
Tightening the Neck
Loose neck skin
You might also like...
Sidelaze might be the answer for loose neck skin
There are multiple options to address the neck from non-surgical to surgical. I have been impressed with the New FDA approved Sidelaze laser that is minimally invasive. Under local anesthesia, 3 tiny entry points without sutures are used to heat the undersurface of the skin, as well as, melt fat if indicated. The heat helps to form new collagen and contract the excess skin.Comfort level is excellent with minimal bruising and downtime. You walk out of the office wearing an elastic chin strap. It might work for you provided you do not have a lot of excess skin.
Loose neck skin
Your skin is complex and tightening of skin is based on your skin quality, elasticity, genetics, diet and the care (ie suncreen to prevent sun damage) you have exhibited. There are no definitive answers but there are temporary solutions (non-surgical) and more lasting surgical solutions that can be presented to you by a plastic surgeon once your skin is evaluated. Loose skin in the neck can be removed, fat can be liposuctioned and the muscles underneath can be brought together to create a more youthful neck line.
Loose skin around the neck
There are few surgical techniques to correct loose skin around the neck.
1) Liposuction can be used for excess fat.
2) Skin Excision can be performed.
3) Neck Lift in isolation or in combination with a facelift, segmental lift, or smartlift.
Consult with an experienced surgeon to discuss the various possibilities.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.