What Areas of my Face Can I Get Botox Injected?

I have wrinkles pretty much across my entire face! So where would Botox be best suited/safe/effective?

Experience counts in Botox injection technique

+6

Botox is a safe medication administered for cosmetic improvement of wrinkles. In this particular case where you complain of diffuse wrinkling, you may not be a candidate for Botox as your skin may be photoaged. The proper treatment may be to improve skin resiliency and quality.

Botox is best indicated for the forehead, crow's feet, and the glabells ("11 lines")

+4

Botox is best and most often used for forehead wrinkles, crow's feet lines around the eyes, and the "11 lines" between the eyebrows. Botox has been safely used in these areas by many practitioners for many years, and I would say that the vast majority of experience has been in these 3 areas. There are other areas and uses for Botox also. including:

1. "Bunny lines" on the sides of the nose

2. Gummy smile reduction

3. Nasal flare reduction

4. Lifting up the corners of the mouth

5. Tightening the jawline (difficult to do, not as popular)

6. Lifting eyebrows

7. Decreasing the "orange peel" appearance of the chin

8. Lessening the appearance of neck bands

These are some of the other advanced uses of Botox and may be something worth trying if you have any of these issues since Botox is relatively cheap and completely reversible.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging...

+4

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging from the forehead to the frown lines between the eyes and the crows feet.

In my practice, I also use it on the lips (smokers lines) and occasionally on the chin area for people who tend to dimple their chins.

It is an incredibly useful tool and, in the right hands, can accentuate the eyes and make them look much more attractive. While most people out there do a limited amount of Botox, if you go to someone who is an expert, they will typically know how to do the other areas without side effects.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX Cosmetic is...

+4

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX® Cosmetic is FDA-approved for the treatment of glabella lines (frown lines between the eyebrows) and is also commonly used to prevent or treat horizontal lines on the forehead and crow’s feet around the eyes.

Using my advanced knowledge of facial anatomy, I am also able to perform BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments into less common sites to create a mini-browlift, reduce lip lines, relax vertical neck muscle bands, or to aesthetically improve other features of the face.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Where can you use Botox

+2

I like Botox for the upper face and think it does very well.  Common locations are between the eyebrows, in the forehead and in "Crow's Feet".  Less commonly injected areas include the DOA (depressor anguli oris- a muscle that causes you to frown) and in bands in the neck.  I am not a fan of Botox in the wrinkles around the mouth.  When people have had this they often look like they've had a stroke.  Botox is an excellent medication and can do things that surgery can not.  However, Botox is not a replacement for a facelift, browlift, blepharoplasty or skin resurfacing.  Be careful that the person who does your Botox does the other procedures as well or they may be just taking your money for minimal or no benefit.  Remember that for the person with one hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.  Make sure they have more than "one" hammer.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for newbies

+2

Botox, is a great drug, but unfortunately, it doesn't quite work as a wrinkle eraser. If you are a Botox virgin, I would recommend most strongly to choose an experienced qualified injector. He or she will be able to assess your face and discuss your options in details. It is usually more important to assess what you want to improve, and then decide what you will use to achieve this improvement.

In general, however, Botox works great for improvement of vertical lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, and crows feet area. Other applications are more advanced, and your physician will discuss whether you might benefit from them.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Botox for the frown lines and crows feet

+1
Botox Cosmetic is FDA approved to treat the glabellar frown lines and the crows feet areas. It is used off label to treat other areas of the face as well. It is important to seek out a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine the best use for you.

Matthew Doppelt, DO
Knoxville Dermatologist

Botox

+1
Botox is best for areas such as the forehead, glabella, and crow’s feet. In order to treat the other wrinkles around your face you may need fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. To look your best you should consult a board certified dermatologist in your area. The dermatologist will be able to tell you which treatments will get you the look you are trying to achieve. Botox is both safe and effective if you have a highly trained professional performing the treatment.

Adebola Dele-Michael, MD, FAAD

Botox does best in 3 areas of the face.

+1
Botox is good for the frown lines between the eyebrows, the forehead and the smiles lines around the eyes. Cost is roughly $300 for 1 area, 550 for 2 and 675 for all 3 areas. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Areas of the Face for Botox Injections

+1
Botox is best suited for dynamic wrinkles, or wrinkles that appear with facial movement.

The most common areas to use Botox as a wrinkle treatment are:
- Between the eyebrows
- Forehead wrinkles
- Crow's feet

Botox can also be used for wrinkles that form when the mouth is puckered (smoker's or lipstick lines). As well, some people get wrinkles on their nose when they smile, called bunny lines. Botox can help to relax those muscles so the wrinkles on the nose do not form.

Areas on the lower face are more advanced areas to inject, and you should be sure to make sure that your injector has the proper training to inject in the lower face. At our practice, only the board certified dermatologists inject patients.

Robert A. Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon