What Areas of my Face Can I Get Botox Injected?

I have wrinkles pretty much across my entire face! So where would Botox be best suited/safe/effective?

Experience counts in Botox injection technique

+6

Botox is a safe medication administered for cosmetic improvement of wrinkles. In this particular case where you complain of diffuse wrinkling, you may not be a candidate for Botox as your skin may be photoaged. The proper treatment may be to improve skin resiliency and quality.

Botox is best indicated for the forehead, crow's feet, and the glabells ("11 lines")

+4

Botox is best and most often used for forehead wrinkles, crow's feet lines around the eyes, and the "11 lines" between the eyebrows. Botox has been safely used in these areas by many practitioners for many years, and I would say that the vast majority of experience has been in these 3 areas. There are other areas and uses for Botox also. including:

1. "Bunny lines" on the sides of the nose

2. Gummy smile reduction

3. Nasal flare reduction

4. Lifting up the corners of the mouth

5. Tightening the jawline (difficult to do, not as popular)

6. Lifting eyebrows

7. Decreasing the "orange peel" appearance of the chin

8. Lessening the appearance of neck bands

These are some of the other advanced uses of Botox and may be something worth trying if you have any of these issues since Botox is relatively cheap and completely reversible.

Hope this helps!

Don Mehrabi, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging...

+4

Botox can be used on various areas of the face, ranging from the forehead to the frown lines between the eyes and the crows feet.

In my practice, I also use it on the lips (smokers lines) and occasionally on the chin area for people who tend to dimple their chins.

It is an incredibly useful tool and, in the right hands, can accentuate the eyes and make them look much more attractive. While most people out there do a limited amount of Botox, if you go to someone who is an expert, they will typically know how to do the other areas without side effects.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX Cosmetic is...

+4

For aesthetic purposes, BOTOX® Cosmetic is FDA-approved for the treatment of glabella lines (frown lines between the eyebrows) and is also commonly used to prevent or treat horizontal lines on the forehead and crow’s feet around the eyes.

Using my advanced knowledge of facial anatomy, I am also able to perform BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments into less common sites to create a mini-browlift, reduce lip lines, relax vertical neck muscle bands, or to aesthetically improve other features of the face.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Where can you use Botox

+2

I like Botox for the upper face and think it does very well.  Common locations are between the eyebrows, in the forehead and in "Crow's Feet".  Less commonly injected areas include the DOA (depressor anguli oris- a muscle that causes you to frown) and in bands in the neck.  I am not a fan of Botox in the wrinkles around the mouth.  When people have had this they often look like they've had a stroke.  Botox is an excellent medication and can do things that surgery can not.  However, Botox is not a replacement for a facelift, browlift, blepharoplasty or skin resurfacing.  Be careful that the person who does your Botox does the other procedures as well or they may be just taking your money for minimal or no benefit.  Remember that for the person with one hammer, the whole world looks like a nail.  Make sure they have more than "one" hammer.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for newbies

+2

Botox, is a great drug, but unfortunately, it doesn't quite work as a wrinkle eraser. If you are a Botox virgin, I would recommend most strongly to choose an experienced qualified injector. He or she will be able to assess your face and discuss your options in details. It is usually more important to assess what you want to improve, and then decide what you will use to achieve this improvement.

In general, however, Botox works great for improvement of vertical lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines, and crows feet area. Other applications are more advanced, and your physician will discuss whether you might benefit from them.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Botox can treat many areas of the face

+1
In our clinic we most commonly inject Botox in the frown lines or "11s" between the eyes.  A close second is the "crow's feet" lateral to the eyes, followed by forehead wrinkles.  However, there are multiple other uses on the lower face as well, which can improve wrinkles on the nose, lips and chin.

Botox temporarily and selectively weakens muscles in the face so it is effective for wrinkles caused by facial movement.  Some deep furrows are better treated with other treatments like fillers or surgery.

William Andrade, MD

Botox areas

+1
Botox can help with wrinkles on your forehead, between your brows, and at the corners of your eyes. It can also help with softening your jawline, softening the platysma bands on your neck and gently lifting the corners of your mouth. You would have to get a physical assessment to determine if Botox can help you.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Botox Areas

+1
The most popular and common areas are: 1) the crow's feet (corners of the eyes) 2) the "1" or "11" that form in between your eyebrows and 3) Forehead/ Brow area. There are other areas Botox can be used, such as one the jaw line, in a popular procedure called Masseter Botox, to slim and define the jaw. However, many people confuse Botox with Injectable Filler (such as Juvederm, Restylane). Injectable Filler can also help on the other areas of the face, restoring volume where it has been lost and in the process, softening existing deep lines and wrinkles.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

BOTOX Treats Movement

+1
Hello, and thank you for your question. In order to provide a sufficient answer I should explain that BOTOX doesn't work in the same way as injectable fillers. Rather than filling wrinkles from the inside, BOTOX relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles to form. Think of crow's feet and glabellar lines (the "11s" between the eyebrows), which form when you make an expression. For this reason, BOTOX can also be used off-label to treat vertical lip lines, forehead wrinkles, and neck bands. It's important to choose a highly qualified injector for these indications, as they require a certain level of artistry and a conservative approach. Without a photo, it's difficult to tell you exactly which of your lines can be remedied by BOTOX, but your practitioner should be able to give you a good prediction. Best of luck.

Fredric Brandt, MD
Coral Gables Dermatologic Surgeon