Still Have Jowls / Double Chin 2 Months Post Op Neck and Face Lift. Will It Improve?

I still have jowls and double chin. Loose skin is better than before.

Secondary treatment for residual jowling post facelift

If there is significant jowl fat and neck fat after your facelift a procedure called microliposuction may help. I perform this with small cannulas an local anesthesia only. Some improvement will be evident after swelling and slight bruising resolve in a few weeks. I find other options less effective.

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowls and facelift

Swelling is typical after facelift. When the swelling resolves some skin laxity can remain that presents itselft as jowling. I don't know where you started from and how much improvement you got.

One option which can be combined with facelift is to consider a skin tightening Laser with or without fractional resurfacing. This can give you that  little bit of extra tightening you need and improve the texture and quality of your skin at the same time. Something to consider.

I wish you well.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Jowls two months after face/neck lift

The jowls and a double chin should have been resolved 2 months after the face/neck lift.  It is doubtful it will improve after 2 months.

Post Op facelift results

Sometimes it is difficult to take away all the jowling or the effects of a double chin entirely. What is important is that you see SOME improvements, and may I suggest giving it some time. 

2 months post neck / facelift and still have jowls / double chin

By 2 months post neck and facelift, you should notice significant improvement in your areas of concern, however, not everyone heals the same.  It is difficult to answer your question without photos and a physical exam.  You should first consult with your surgeon and look at your before and after photos in order to discuss your expectations and concerns. 

Corey S. Maas, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jowls and Double Chin 2 Months Post Facelift

Two months after a facelift there should be significant improvement in the jowls and double chin. Refinement will continue to improve in a heavy patient or a person with thick skin. Our answers are are describing  average healing but pictures would help us evaluate your appearance. Discuss your expectations with your surgeon.

At 2-3 months post-op from a Face LIft and Neck Lift, the skin will not tighten further.  If anything, it will soften over time.  Unless the jowls are from excessive residual swelling from a very aggressive, deep plane Face Lift technique, these won't improve as well IMHO.  Your Face Lift Surgeon should be able to answer these questions for you in order to add clarification.

Underwhelmed by Facelift Results?

At 2-3 months, there should be a discernible improvement in your neck and jawline although some minor swelling will still be present.  The lack of pictures makes it impossible to be more specific. I would advise that you return to your Surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post face lift

By two to three weeks postop, you should begin to see improvement in all the areas you are concerned about. If you still have these issues at two months, you most likely will not improve.  It is possible that the procedure performed was less than you required ("mini" vs. full facelift) or was not executed to affect your problem areas.  You should speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns and possible revision.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Disappointing Facelift Results

If the objective of the surgery was the elimination of the double chin and jowls, then that result should be way evident by now. The statement that the 'the loose skin is better than before' indicates the type of facelift performed was not well matched to your problem. It sounds like a more limited facelift technique was used for a facial aging problem that needed a more extended method. At two months after surgery, it is time to revisit your surgeon and discuss what the next step should be.