4 Weeks Liposuction Post Op., Am I Still Swollen Or Are These My Final Results?

I had lower abs, flanks and mons pubic liposuctioned 4 weeks 3 days ago. I had more results at 2 weeks then I do now. Is it possible to still be swollen? Seems like results are slowly going and the pubic area 200cc of fat was removed but seems like there is not much of a difference at all. I'm frustrated because I dont "feel" swollen anymore. Is it possible to be swollen still or is this my end result?

Liposuction results

+2

4 weeks is still early.  I usually have patients wearing garnments for 4-6 weeks to minimize swelling.  Tissue contraction takes longer so you still have time to see improvement.  I hope this info helps.

Labiaplasty - 4 Weeks Liposuction Post Op., Am I Still Swollen Or Are These My Final Results?

+2

Hi lipogirl77,

The good news is that you don't have your final result at 4 weeks; the bad news is that 200 cc is not that much.

Are you sure that that's all you had removed from those areas?

In my experience, it takes about 4-6 weeks to see 85% of the result, 3 months for 95% and 6 months for the entire result (sometimes even longer).  That assumes that your weight is at or below the pre-surgical weight (depending on how much lipo was done) and that you are otherwise in good health.

If you have not seen adequate results by 6 months (I realize you're almost there) you should be comfortable enough having a discussion with your surgeon, including reviewing pre and post-op photos and anything else you need to do to make yourself comfortable with the surgery you had.  While it is not possible to offer guarantees you should, in general, be able to get a result within a certain range.

And I cannot, of course, make any specific comments concerning your result and what you should look like now without knowing what you looked like before and exactly what was done.  But I would generally be slightly more concerned about your final result in view of the 200cc, than your appearance at 4 weeks.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Liposuction results

+1

At 4 weeks, it is too early.  Thank you for your question.   This is a common concern that we see.   Patients will typically reach maximum swelling at 72 hours and then slowly begin going down.   

Based on my experience, I typically tell my patients that 50% of my result is from surgery, and the other 50% of the end result is appropriate compression and removal of the swelling. 

I recommend that patients maintain a tight compression garment continously for 72 hours (the peak period of swelling), and then wear compression garments at all times unless bathing or washing garment.  If areas become hard or have prolonged swelling beyond 2 weeks, I recommend deep tissue massage.

I inform my patients that 90% of swelling is gone by 6 weeks and the remaining amount by 6 months.     I wish you a safe recovery and amazing end result.

Dr Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Results after liposuction

+1

It appears that you got a significant improvement with your liposuction.  In general there is 2.2 pounds per liter of fat removed.    Even at 4 weeks you do have some swelling present. In general you are 50% of the way there at 6 weeks and 80% at 3 months.  Re-evaluate at 6 months and decide if you need additional liposuction.

Liposuction results get better after one month

+1

Absolutely, you can see more improvement after a month through the six month period as collagen increases and contracts the looser tissue that is created after tunnels of fat are removed with liposuction.  Gravity makes the swelling fluids settle in the pubis and it's the last to see the swelling leave.  Be patient and excited about your result. WEar the compression garment if one was recommended. Followup with your surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction Results?

+1

At 4 weeks postop it is still too early to evaluate your final results. I ask patients to wait at least 2 to 3 months to assess the results of the procedure. It may take several months later for the skin to “redrape".

I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Swelling after Liposuction

+1

I agree with the other assessments, 4 weeks after liposuction you can still have a lot of swelling in the tissues. I always recommend waiting 4 to 6 months before you see final results. If I understand correctly, the 200cc's was removed just from the pubis. If this is right, then that is a good amount of fat to be removed. 200 cc's for all of the areas would be a very small amount. BUT, if it was just from the pubis region - this is the area that will remain swollen for the longest time, and will take the longest to reach a final result. From your photo - you look really great after the treatment. If, at 6 months, you are still concerned, be sure to go back to your doctor. For my patients, I always want to see them back at 4-6 months to look at results and address any concerns. Some patients do need small touch-ups.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction Recovery

+1

4 weeks after surgery is too early to get worried.  Your swelling will continue to go down over the next several months.  If you have any specific concerns, please post pictures or go see your surgeon so they can assess your recovery.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Swelling after liposuction can last for six months

+1

You still have swelling at four weeks, so you need to be patient before you will see your final result. This may take up to six months as the skin needs time to shrink and contract. Wear your garment as directed by your plastic surgeon and follow up as directed.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Liposuction results with prolonged swelling!

+1

Yes, I would be very concerned if you are still swollen. Am I correct you only had a total removal of 200cc's? Call your chosen surgeon (was the doca surgeon?) ASAP for a visit and explanation. You sound like you are not improving which in liposuction done correctly is very unusual.