Will Wearing a Compression Band for One Breast Implant Make Both Move Down?

I am 4 months post-op, under muscle silicone implants. One has settled perfectly with a very natural slope. The other is still riding high and has very early signs of capsular contracture. In addition to aggressive massage for the contracture, my doctor gave me a compression band to help the one breast settle.

I'm scared that wearing it will also push the settled breast further down and cause bottoming out. Should I be worried? Can I wear it over one and under the other?

Compression after four months not likely to move implants

+1

You can wear a breast band safely without a worry about moving the 'good' breast, however there also is little chance that the band will move the high one either. Very early capsular contracture is not often without a cause, and you may just have an implant that was positioned poorly. Massage as aggresively as you wish, though a revision of the pocket might be the answer.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast augmentation postoperative care

+1

breast augmentation  postoperative care

massage , vit e and singulair or accolate may be of help

you can wear the strap over one breast.

Causes of early capsular contracture.

+1

After four months if one breast implant is still high it is doubtful that massage and a band will help it settle much.

More concerning is the possibility of early capsular contracture which can be a reason why one breast implant is not settling and seems to be riding high.

There are several reasons for capsular contracture

1. bacterial contamination of the implant
  2. sterile foreign bodies (sterile talc from surgical gloves or sterile lint)
  3. blood around the implant at the time of surgery
  4. rupture of the silicone implant
  5. your body's healing process (idiopathic -- no real scientific cause)

In my Salt Lake City, Utah breast augmentation practice after four months if my patient is not yet settled then I would usually recommend a repositioning operation.  You may also need to address the capsular contracture if it really is present.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Compression band for one breast

+1

A compression band may help a stubborn implants form coming down. If positioned properly it shoudl not affect the other breast.

Compression band for high implant

+1

The implants will continue to settle and change beyond four month. I agree with your doctor that a compression band will help. This is in addition to messaging and sports bra. Pharmacologic ways to reduce the risk of capsular contracture have debatable advantage and may have some side effects. You need to discuss that with your plastic surgeon. Good luck

Compresion banding for breast augmentation

+1

I do think that there is limited benefit to the compression straps that can be worn to help induce settling of breast implants. The compression band that I have used can be worn in such a way that most of the compression can be directed to one of the breasts if desired. Although this might help, at this point, it probably won't make much difference. I think that the compression garments are likely to help more in the first 3 months. If there is a suggestion of an early capsular contracture, accolate or singulair might be helpful as well. Ask your surgeon if he/she has used these medications to help slow or reverse the progression of capsular contracture. I have been pleasantly surprised that accolate has helped a few of my patients in the last few years. There is certainly a possibility that a implant pocket revision procedure may be needed. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Compression band for beast asymmetry

+1

You can wear the band asymmetrically (over one and under the other) to apply downward  pressure only on the higher breast. The sooner after surgery that you try this, the better the chance that you may avoid additional surgery to lower the implant.  

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Compression Band for Breast Implant Asymmetry?

+1

I think your surgeon has provided you with good advice;  I would stick with this advice as opposed to that of online consultants who have not had the benefit of examining you. Some plastic surgeons may also add the use of anti-inflammatories (for example accolate or singular).  Ask your surgeon if he would advise the use of these medications.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast Band after Breast Augmentation

+1

Wear the breast band with the pressure on the breast that needs to drop.  Since it's been 4 months since surgery, it is doubtful that the breast is going to drop without some surgical help.  Discuss this with your surgeon, as it sounds like he may need to take you back to the OR and lower the breast pocket.