Do Implants Weigh More That Natural Breasts?

I am an E cup and have constant pain between my shoulder blades. I 5'2 and a small build. The moment I put on weight the pain increases. I do not want to look any different, but am tired of the pain and discomfort. I was considering having a reduction and replacing the natural tissue with implants, in an effort to look about the same size and have them sit higher. Would this work?

Breast reduction

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. The reduction will lift your breasts, make your breasts perky, and reduce your symptoms related to macromastia. You would not need implants.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction and Breast Implants?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. I would suggest that you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons and communicate your goals clearly. Hopefully, you can achieve these goals without the use of breast implants.

Occasionally, patients who undergo breast reduction surgery do wish to have more superior pole volume/fullness and  elect to have breast implants placed in order to achieve this goal.

Breast Reduction Candidate

+1

Based on your description, you seem to be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. The result of breast reduction will be smaller breasts which will be better shaped and lifted. The smaller breasts should reduce the weight and help alleviate the pain between the shoulder blades. Breast implants should not be necessary. Consult 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast reduction surgery may be the best choice

+1

I would not consider the use of a breast implant instead you seem like you would be a good candidate for a breast reduction.  This surgery would improve your overall breasts proportions and give you significant pain relief if the pain is due to the excessive pull of heavy breasts.  In response to your question, breast implants weight about the same as natural breast tissue, gram per gram.  

Breast implants after breast reduction

+1

It is very common for women with very large breasts to have symptoms such as neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain, and rashes beneath the breasts.  For this reason, breast reduction surgery is a very common procedure that leads to a high level of patient satisfaction.  The painful symptoms are aleviated, and the breasts appear smaller, better shaped, and lifted after the procedure. 

From your description, it sounds like you would benefit from a breast reduction operation.  The final size of reduced breasts depends on your weight and frame, and also on your preference.  Women may request anything from a B cup to a DD cup as a final result.  For this reason, it is not expected that a woman having a breast reduction would need breast implants.  Your own breast tissue is lifted and shaped, and the cosmetic result is typically excellent.

Dr. Skourtis

drmskourtisplasticsurgery.com

Mia E. Skourtis, MD