Can I Wear Swim Googles the Day After Getting Radiesse Injections Under my Eyes?

+2

Wearling Goggles the day after Radiesse injections shouldn't be a problem but you might want to reconsider having Radiesse placed under the eyes.  Radiesse is to thick for the thin skin of the lower eyelids and can cause prominent lumps and bumps that can't be removed...it will take a year or so to go away on its own.  Restyalne or Juvederm are the proper fillers for this area IMHO.  I do use Radiesse frequently for facial shaping and contouring but only in areas where there's a fat tissue layer which is where Radiesse is meant to be injected.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Wearing swim goggles after Radiesse

+2

It would be advisable to wait for at least one week before wearing goggles after your Radiesse injections. After Radiesse is injected under the skin, I carefully mold it into place with firm pressure on the overlying skin. It is therefore quite "malleable" for the first few days which is why I ask my patients to not rub the area for several days. After the first week it becomes incorporated into the surrounding tissues and then cannot easily be moved. Only after that is it safe to resume normal activities like wearing swim goggles.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/radiesse/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Goggles after Radiesse

+2

It would not be a good idea to bear goggles or have anything compression on the areas that just had facial fillers - Juvederm, Radiesse, etc.  I would suggest waiting about one week before wearing the goggles.  The products are still incorporating into the skin during this first week.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Wearing Swim Goggles after Radiesse Under your Eyes

+2

You should wait a few days to one week before using anything that puts pressure on the area injected.  So if your swimming goggles fit right over the Radiesse, please wait.  Let the Radiesse settle in and let any swelling resolve before doing anything that might traumatize the area.  

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Radiesse

+1

If you ask ten doctors the same question, you will get ten different answers.  The filler can migrate slightly early-on.  I am a swimmer and personally I avoid the goggles for six weeks post facial procedures. My goggles leave deep grooves in my tear trough areas below my eyes for hours after swimming, so I would be leery of goggles. All the best !  "Dr. Joe"

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Wearing swim goggles after Radiesse injection

+1

It would be a bad idea to wear swim goggles the day after a Radiesse injection around the eyes. Pressure exerted on an area over a filler injection may lead to displacement of the filler, which could compromise the final result.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse under eyes... NOT RECOMMENDED.

+1

I DO NOT recommend getting Radiesse injected under your eyes!  This type of filler is not appropriate for this area.  I would highly recommend you getting Restylane to treat your hollowness under your eyes.  It is a lot safer product.   As for using swimming googles after injections... I would not recommend this either.  Restylane is "moldable" for the first week and googles can cause the product to shift!!!

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens  

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

+1

This and similar “is it ok” questions are best answered by the physician performing the procedure.  They will have specific knowledge about your care what to expect after the procedure.  That being said, I would advise my patient to wait at least a week before wearing goggles after a filler was placed around the eyes.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

No swim goggles the day after Radiesse

+1

I would not recommend wearing swim goggles the day after a Radiesse treatment. The combined pressure of the goggles and the water pressure on a treated area may be significant enough to modify the result intended by your surgeon. In our practice we would recommend avoid direct pressure to the treated area for 7-14 days.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon