Do Any Places Donate Mommy Makeover Surgeries? Am I a Candidate? (photo)

i am a married 24 yr old woman. i've had 3 children. i had ges. diabetes with all three. my last daughter was 10lbs 10 ounces at 3 wks early. i have no money for a mommy make over. i have heard that some places will donate surgeries. i am available to have them done any day. does anyone know how i might be able to get this done? i want to be the woman my husband sees in me and loves. my breasts are 2 diff cup sizes. my stomache hangs. i have to buy 2 sizes to big of pants to hide it. please help

Mommy makeover candidate?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! The mommy makeover - what plastic surgeons think of as a tummy tuck with breast augmentation +/- breast lift - is a very popular procedure that can produce excellent results! Given your photos and goals/desires, you appear to be an ideal candidate for this procedure. Pregnancy/age/weight loss all play big roles in the laxity and normal aging cascade seen. The procedure has become very popular in those women looking to rejuvenate their belly and breasts after completing such events as you describe. The abdominoplasty will contour your belly, remove your old c-section scar and loose tissue as well as lower the position, and plicate your abdominal wall to pre-pregnancy tightness. If you are content with your current size, the breast lift will serve to raise your nipple-areolar complex, give you a more perky/uplifted appearance, and give you more youthful/fuller breasts.

It typically takes 5-6 hours of operative time. These procedures may be safely combined at one setting, given you are healthy and without significant medical comorbdities. I would consult with a plastic surgeon who would examine you and discuss the various options and assist you to decide if you wish to undergo all of the procedures at once or at smaller staged procedures.  I would consult with board certified plastic surgeons in your area to determine possible financing. 

Thank you for your question! Hope that his helps and best wishes for a superb result!

Am I a candidate for a mommy makeover procedure?

+1

Thanks for your question.  I agree with some of the other answers that, based on your photos, you do appear to be a candidate for this type of a procedure.  Although some doctors offer pro-bono reconstructive surgery to select patients, I don't know any who are offering this type of financial deal to cosmetic patients.  I would contact local board certified plastic surgeons in your area and make an appointment.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Does anyone donate mommy make-over surgery?

+1

Based on your photos, you are a candidate for breast and body contouring, or 'mommy make-over surgery. Unfortunately, I do not know of any reputable plastic surgery facility or MD that donates surgery such as this. Many of us donate surgical time and expertise for non-cosmetic procedures, such as breast reconstruction or other wound surgery that has to be performed or the patient might suffer further illness. I do feel that you could maximize your future results by continuing to lose weight. Though it won't correct some of the body contouring issues or the breast shape, it will make tummy tuck surgery easier to be performed and easier to recover from in the future should you become financially able to embark on elective cosmetic surgery. I am not a proponent of traveling abroad for cosmetic surgery. The risks are great and if you suffer a complication upon returning to the US, it may be difficult to find qualified post operative care.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Free Mommy Make Over

+1

You are an excellent candidate for cosmetic breast and abdominal surgery.

• I have not heard of anyone donating cosmetic surgery. All else aside, the overhead cost of an operating room, supplies and staff is considerable. 
  • You may find reduced fee cosmetic surgery at an academic hospital that has a plastic surgery resident training program. Or with some significant risk, go abroad.
  • Also and I mean this very respectfully as a Mom myself, you will serve yourself and your children well if you get fit and lose weight while saving the money for cosmetic surgery. It makes surgery safer for you. Reduces your risk of complications, makes clothes fit better and sets a healthy example for your children. Good luck!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Do Any Places Donate Mommy Makeover Surgeries? Am I a Candidate?

+1

Your photo demonstrate you are a great candidate for multiple COSMETIC surgical operations but there are no free rides. As the previous expert posters have explained in their postings. At best some patients risk life and limb by traveling out of country for these large operations, in order to save $$. Others might use residents in plastic surgery at training programs to save. Others use non plastic surgeons to preform these very intricate operations, again to save funds. At the end of the day there are a few saying that apply, "you get what you pay for" and :the cheap become expensive" come to mind

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover based on your physique. Remember you surgeon gets to keep only a small part of the surgery fee. He has to pay rent, utilities and above all salaries and he's heavily taxed on what's left after all that. He also invested  over a decade in learning his craft while receiving minimal wage and deserves a return on that investment. A mommy makeover is a purely cosmetic procedure done only for your personal pleasure. So save your money until you can afford the surgeon and his talents. If he did your surgery for free it would actually be costing him a considerable amount of money.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

No free mommy makeovers

+1

While you look like a good candidate for a mommy makeover, there is nobody who will do one for free for you.  The surgery is several hours long and costs the doctor and facility thousands of dollars to pay for the sutures, staff salaries, insurance, rent, anesthesia, etc, etc... The other thing to understand is that there are real risks to having this surgery especially if done by a "cosmetic" surgeon or a mediocre plastic surgeon.  Hopefully, your husband loves you for who you are and as the mother of his children.  But all cosmetic surgery carries costs that the patient bears.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS