Lidocaine, does it lessen the effects?

Hi, I want to have a third Ultherpy treatment but I need lidocaine shots to get through it. I've since heard the shots lesson the effectiveness of the treatment. Since it's so expensive, I want the most bang for my buck. Do the shots really make the treatment less effective? Thanks. And yes, I tried it with just the oral pain meds and that didn't work for me.

Lidocaine, does it lessen the effects?

+1
Lidocaine injections should not affect the results of the Ultherapy treatment, especially in the small doses given.

Ultherapy and Lidocaine

+1
The lidocaine nerve blocks should not have anything to do with the effectiveness of your treatment.  It is designed to help your tolerance of the treatment.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Done right, it should affect results of Ultherapy

+1
If lidocaine is used as a block, it's far enough from the treatment surface that it should not practically or theoretically affect results of Ultherapy.

Reza Momeni, MD
Summit Plastic Surgeon

Lidocaine

+1
I think it is highly unlikely that lidocaine injections would alter your results.  The only way I think it could alter it is if large volumes of tumescent anesthesia (dilute Lidocaine) were injected.  Of course at this point in time their are no split face controlled studies.

Jerome Potozkin, MD
Danville Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting lidocaine blocks for Ulthera won't affect the results

+1
Getting lidocaine blocks for the Ulthera shouldn't affect your results.  It will allow for potentially more aggressive treatment so it actually might be better.  I'm becoming a fan of Infini for skin tightening too.  I've done Ulthera for 4 years and I think it might be better.  Steve Weiner, MD

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Anesthetic injections not needed for new Ultherapy protocol

+1
It is theoretically possible that lidocaine injections might lessen the effect of Ultherapy by expanding the tissue space which would in turn lessen the density of the treatment sites. However, Ultherapy is done differently than it was until recently, with lower energy settings but better results. Most patients tolerate the treatment very well.

Richard Baxter, MD