Can ultherapy lift brows straight up or only up towards the sides?

I am 39 and botox doesn't work on me for some reason so I thought ultherapy could help give me a brow lift but when I went to a consult she told me ultherapy wouldn't be able to lift the brows straight upwards but could only lift the outward corners of brows upwards toward the sides. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thank you

+1
Ultherapy works quite well as a non-surgical brow lift by lifting both up and out for a very natural result. 

Ultherapy for brow lifting.

+1
The lift from ultherapy will result in the brows being lifted both upwards and slightly outward to give a very natural elevation. Your treatment should not result in a brow that is overly angled outward. If you are mostly interested a lift that is straight up, you should discuss this with your provider so that they can tailor your treatment appropriately.

Lana Kashlan, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Brow lift with Ultherapy

+1
Ultherapy can definitely be used for brow lifting. It is more safely done over the latereral (or outer) brow. Over the medial (or inner brow) there is a nerve that courses in that area that makes performing Ultherapy there tricky. A superficial transducer can theoretically be used there for lifting, but it would be an "off-label" treatment. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera Brow Lifting

+1
Yes, Ulthera is a non-invasive and non-surgical ultrasound treatment that lifts and tightens the skin. This type of laser uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen causing sagging skin to lift and tighten upwards and sideways.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Brow lifting

+1
It's a little curious that Botox did not work for you. If you can purposefully raise your brows and lower them, you "should" be able to get some lift from Botox or one of the other neuromodulators Xeomin or Dysport. It is not possible to assess a possible reason without actually seeing your facial muscles in action.

Ultherapy will tighten the tissue somewhat but it may not deliver what you hope for unless there is some treatable level of laxity in your skin. You might want to investigate the "tox" option a little further.

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Ultherapy can lift foreheads without surgery

+1
Ultherapy's protocol had been designed to treat the outer forehead but I have been able to use the ultherapy as an off-label indication by treating the middle of the forehead, taking care not to irritate the sensory nerves over the middle of the eyebrow. This has helped provide extra lift compared to only treating the outer eyebrow areas.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Ultherapy and brow lift

+1
When you do ultherapy in the forehead, the best lift will be over the lateral portion of the brow which is where it is most mobile.  As you move more centrally in the forehead, there will be less lifting.  To get up the whole brow you would need to do some sort of surgical lift.      

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy to Lift Brows

+1
Dear Kate,  thank you for your question. Ultherapy is the only FDA approvednoninvasive device for lifting the face and neck.It uses focused ultrasound to target the deep tissues above our muscles, as well as more superficial layers.Our San Diego clients have been very pleased to see significant results with no downtime.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon