What Vitamins and or Supplements Should I Take Months Prior To Me Getting My BBL

I plan on getting my procedure done in the next four (4) to five (5) months. I heard that doctors will not perform this procedure if you are not in a "healthy" state. I just would like to know what vitamins I should be taking to prepare for this procedure to make sure all my levels are up to par. Thanks for any help!

Vitamins before BBL

+2
I usually just want my patients to take a Multivitamin and Vitamin C.  Megadosing is not recommended.

+1
Thank you for your question .

Your question is really what one can do to prepare for any surgery. First and foremost follow your surgeons directions. Most important is to avoid things that can hurt you such as aspirin and Advil etc. Check with your surgeon about any prescription medications. I tell patients Tylenol is okay and one multivitamin a day and stop all else.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Preop

+1

You PS should give you preop instructions. These will cover any questions from preparing all the way to what to bring.

Always follow your PS's instructions.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Preparation for your BBL surgery

+1
There are several things that you can do in preparation for your BBL surgery. If you choose an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in BBLs, they should provide you with detailed information. Every surgeon will have different guidleines. I perform 6-8 BBLs per week and all of my patients receive detailed instructions that tell them what to do - and what NOT to do so that they can get the best possible results and minimize risks. Proper surgeon selection is the key here, and make sure to not choose soley based on price. If you have a complication or a poor result, you will wind up spending much more in the end.

Matthew Schulman, MD

+1
Thank you for your question, two to three months in advance you can start taking iron pills to higher your hemoglobin levels, also multivitamins and exercise in advance will help you keep your cholesterol within a healthy range.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
A healthy person who has no history of anemia will need to continue to eat in a healthy fashion.  No vitamins or supplements are necessary. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Regarding supplements

+1
Hello, thank you for your question. It is totally true that you have to be in an excellent healthy state to undergo any elective surgery. What I do, with patients coming from abroad, is ask them to do a CBC about 2 months before the surgery, if anemia is present, your PCP should be able in that time period to correct it to adequate levels, that way you can plan your trip better without mishaps. Taking supplements before surgery without the knowledge of your doctor is not good as some supplements may cause adverse events. Just talk it out with your doctor, you have more than enough time to plan ahead. Good luck

Jose A. León, MD