I Have a Venous Lake That's Been Treated 3x W/the Vbeam W/no Success. Any Referrals for DC/MD/VA?

My doctor wanted to try the Vbeam first because there was less of a chance for a scar. She mentioned that the ND:Yag laser should work but only by someone who has extensive experience with it because she's seen scarring. I need to find someone in the Washington, DC metro area who has experience with the Yag and/or Cutera CoolGlide for venous lakes. Does anyone have Physician referrals? Thank you!

Hi There,

Here is a link to our board certified doctors that are qualified to perform this procedure in your area:

http://www.realself.com/Yag-laser/drs

Hopefully this helps!

VBeam Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. Your options would include trying a series of the Vbeam, or trying the Cutera YAG, which is a good choice. However, there is higher risk of scarring with the YAG as high energies are needed, but often 1 treatment will resolve the lesion for small venous lakes.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist