Does Veinwave Cause More Spider Veins to Appear?

I had veinwave treatment today and it looks like one of the areas on my nose has new tiny blood vessels. is this common?

i dont believe vein wave causes more veins to appear. it is not perfect and some require more than single treatment.

Vein treatment and new veins - telangiectatic matting - Buffalo Niagara NY

There is a described phenomenon of new vein genesis after vein treatment called telangiectatic matting, which can occur mostly in the lower extremities. However, it does not occur within 24 hours as you describe. It occurs variably weeks after treatment, sometimes a month after, and typically involutes (goes away) spontaneously within 6 months to a year. 

We routinely perform sclerotherapy and topical laser treatment for leg veins in our offices and give patients informed consent about developing telangiectatic matting before we provide such treatments. 

Treatment of small veins and recurrence

New veins may form after treatment of smaller veins. It is best to consult with a member of the American College of Phlebology to determine the best treatment for your veins. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Vein Treatment

When one vessel is closed, sometimes new ones form around it.  This can happen with laser, sclera, or an injury to the leg or face.  This is normal, and common.  Just treat the small vessels.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon