Difference Between Vaginal Rejuvenation with Laser and Without Laser?

What is the difference (besides price) between laser vaginal rejuvenation and vaginal rejuvenation done without the laser technology?

Vaginal Rejuvenation with Laser and Without Laser.

+1

The answer to your question is nothing. There are no clinical differences in healing time, bleeding, complication rates or anything else that have been shown in the literature. Using the laser is a tool that some surgeons like to utilize to cut tissue however, a number of other tools work just as well in achieving the desired outcome. My suggestion to you is to find an experienced surgeon that you are comfortable with and let them guide you in your decision making.

Laser = Gimmick most often.

+1

Except in very specialized circumstances the use of a laser in surgery is more often than not a gimmick. Using a laser to cut the tissue in Labiaplasty offers very little to improve the outcome in my opinion. I have been performing Labiaplasty for nearly ten years and haven't found the need to use a laser yet.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Laser labiaplasty with laser incision causes less bleeding, does not require tissue clamping-more gentle

+1

I have used laser incisions exclusively for the most delicate eyelid plastic surgery operations for the past 15 years.

The delicate labial tissues require the same care, which is why i use the laser labiaplasty technique.

Because the laser seals -closes-many small blood vessels during the incision bleeding is less and thus traumatic clamping of the tissues (which causes a crush injury) is not required. Less trauma and less bleeding means quicker recovery and healing.

Many studies in the past 15 years have proven that the laser incision is less traumatic and produces less scarring than traditional scalpel incisions.

Laser incisions are most useful in delicate thin tissues such as the eyelid and the labia. Thus in labiaplasty, the laser has a definite advantage.

I only perform laser labiaplasty-I would not use a scalpel and clamp on these delicate tisssues.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Laser vaginal rejuvanation

+1

Laser is used as the knife. LVR is a GIMICK. Laser means latest technology, therefore it is good... NOT SO.

Dr. Matlock, the doctor who has been pushing for LVR charges $50,000 for his course. Laser is just a tool; many times, the knife is a better tool.

Difference between laser and traditional vaginal rejuvenation.

+1

Essentially as I understand, the laser is used like a knife to cut. Most surgeons tend to use either an electric current or radifrequency device to cut the lining of the vagina. Other than than the laser vaginal rejuevnation procedures are relatively similar. The problem with the laser is that it does not necessarily seal the blood vessels and occasionally on of the other modalities is also required.