How Much Does Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost?

I've had three children and sex just isn't the same, and I would like to have things back the way they were before children. Can I get the estimated cost of vaginal rejuvenation?

Vaginal rejuvenation cost will vary from area to area

+5

The cost of vaginal rejuvenation, including anesthesia and surgical facility fee, will be around $8-9000. I do fat grafting in some cases to help with the vaginal wall atrophy.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Vaginal tightening or rejuvenation

+3

The costs will vary depending on what needs to be done. Namely perineoplasty, anterior or posterior repair. In some instances pelvic laxity may be considered a covered benefit\ of your insurance plan. First meet with your gynecologist or urogynecologist to discuss your concerns. However, depending on what needs to be done fees can vary from 5-12,000 USD.

Cost

+2
a labiaplasty alone runs around $3500, it is approximately the same cost to perform a vaginoplasty which tightens the vaginal muscles.

Lawrence Scott Ennis, MD, FACS
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

+1
Vaginal rejuvenation is a general term for over a dozen procedures to improve the look of the vulva (the external structures) or the vagina (the vaginal canal) or both. What you might need will vary greatly depending on the specifics of your situation. Nonetheless, the following tips will help you:

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Marco A. Pelosi III, MD
Jersey City Cosmetic Gynecologist

+1
Vaginal rejuvenation (tightening) costs around $3800.  This fee includes the hospital fees (operating room, recovery room etc), a board-certified anesthesiologist, a board-certified plastic surgeon, labs and office visits.  If you would like to combine that surgery with labiaplasty, then you will be looking at about $5800.

Cost for "Vaginal Rejuvenation"

+1
...Depends on what you mean by "Vaginal Rejuvenation," a term that means different things to different people, both patients, and their physicians.

If you're talking only of a vaginal tightening procedure for more friction, more stroking of the G-spot and clitoris... "better sex..." in our office the fee is US$5700, which includes surgeon (me), facility fee, anesthesa, electronic pelvic floor muscle stimulator/trainer, "Luna Beads," and a session with a pelvic floor physical therapist.  If you add on a labialplasty, you get 60% discount off the "LP alone" fee, with a total of ~ $1700 additional for the LP done at the same time. I have personally performed > 500 labiaplasties and > 200 vaginal tightening procedures, AKA "vaginoplasty or, by some persons, "vaginal rejuvenation."

Hope that helps!

Michael P Goodman MD

Michael P. Goodman, MD, FACOG
Davis Cosmetic Gynecologist

Cost of vaginal rejuvenation.

+1
The cost of vaginal rejuvenation will vary depending on the severity of the condition and what other procedures are done in conjunction with the labia minora reduction (e.g. clitoral hood reduction, labia majora reduction, mons reduction, etc.).  The fees can typically range from $4000 - $7000. 

When it comes to vaginal rejuvenation, you definitely do not want to choose your surgeon based solely on price. Make sure he/she is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced with these procedures.  The surgical techniques that are used today are much more sophisticated than those used in years past, and it is important to find a surgeon who is experienced with them.

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation

+1
Vaginal Rejuvenation has become a hot topic over the past ten years or so as grooming habits have changed. With the majority of women shaving, waxing or doing some type of grooming they have become more aware of the appearance of their vaginal area.

The term vaginal rejuvenation is a broad term that can be used to encompass several procedures with the overall goal of improving the appearance of the vaginal area.

The most common method for rejuvenation is trimming the labia minora (inner lips) this will remove the excess skin that may hang below the vagina.

The second method is fat grafting to the labia majora (outer lips) this will add volume to the area and improve the deflated appearance that women can have after having children or after weight loss.

The two methods can be done together to give the patient the best overall aesthetic result.

The cost depends on which of these procedures is performed and whether the procedure is performed under local anesthesia or with some type of anesthesia.

I would recommend that you consult your board certified plastic surgeon so that you can be evaluated and discuss your options.

Good Luck!

Johnny Franco, MD

Vaginal Rejuvenation Cost

+1
Price varies depending on the surgeon and city in which they are located. Prices can range around the $2500 to $4000 mark. In fact, this is less expensive then other procedures, such as breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

How much does vaginal rejuvenation cost?

+1
Costs for a vaginal rejuvenation will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the tummy tuck standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., materials, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$5000-11000 is not unreasonable. $7-9K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD