Can upper arm "flabby" fat be reduced or eliminated with Cool Sculpting?

Cool sculpting is a highly effective method of fat reduction.

+1
Cool sculpting is a highly effective method of fat reduction.It is a non-invasive procedure with no down time and reduces the amount of subcutaneous fat taken up into the cool sculpt head by at least 20%. Some skin tightening can be achieved with the device as well. Results for each person will vary, but overall most people achieve the results they are looking for.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting for "flabby" arms.

+1
Coolsculpting is an amazing procedure to reduce fat but by your description of the arms as "flabby" it looks that you have a problem with skin laxity. In this case a procedure called Thermage would be better option for you. I would consult with a dermatologist to see if you are a candidate for it.

Michele S. Green, MD

CoolSculpting for arms

+1
CoolSculpting works extremely well to reduce fat. On the arms, this may not give the result you are looking for. "Flabby arms" can often be the result of skin laxity in addition to excess fat. This can be addressed with a heat based technique such as Velashape. The two techniques can also be combined for optimal results.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Coolsculpting arms

+1
CoolSculpting for the arms is an off label use.  This is FDA approved for fat reduction  of the abdomen and flanks, but many offices do offer treatment of the arms. My main concern with this, is that it is possible to get an uneven result because the applicator does not always cover the entire treatment area as needed. I usually prefer Exilis or SmartLipo for this area, since the results are more consistent and predictable. I hope this is helpful.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, CoolSculpting can be used successfully for fat reduction in the arms. Generally about 25% of the fat will be reduced after 1 treatment. Subsequent treatments may be required to get the desired effect. If you have a large amount of loose skin, surgery may be a better option.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Upper Arm Fat

+1
This area can be addressed, of course, an exam is extremely important as well as a medical history.  The results expected would require at least 2 treatments and expect a 20-40% reduction in some cases.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting and Bat Wings

+1
CoolSculpting for use on the arms is an off label use.  It is FDA approved for fat reduction of the abdomen and flanks and as topical anesthetic.  We have been using CoolSculpting at our San Antonio office since March 2010 with great success on the arms.  I actually prefer it to liposuction in this area.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting for Flabby Arm Fat

+1
CoolSculpting by Zeltiq is FDA approved for fat reduction of the belly and love handles. It can, however be used off label for areas such as the arms, back, bra fat, inner thighs, etc. As far as the arms go, the flabbiness can be caused either by fat, loose skin, or loose muscle. If your flabby arms are because of excess arm fat then CoolSculpting can be used to treat the area. The results of CoolSculpting to the arms is not as drastic as the abdomen or love handles, but it can provide a nice contour to the shape of your arms. It's important that you get a CoolSculpting consultation from someone experienced in treating the arms to see if you are a candidate. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon