Post Acne Scar on My Forehead. Texture is Different and Is Dark?

Im 19 years old and I've had this post acne scar on my forehead for nearly a year and a half. The scar used to be raised, but after using some creams peeling has brought it down quite a bit. The darkness of the scar has remained though and when I rub it the texture of it feels different than that of the surrounding skin. It is extremely annoying since it is right on my forehead. Any tips for this type of scar or should I just try and go for a laser treatment at this point.

Stop rubbing the area.

+2

I would suggest this : please stop rubbing/ touching the area and use just a lightening cream like azelaic acid cream 10%, at night. If you keep rubbing/ touching the area, the skin would only become thicker and darker.

India Dermatologist

Hello

+1

In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne Scar on Forehead with a different textures

+1

It depends on how it looks. If it is minor than co2 laser resurfacing would work. If not you may need excisions, deep chemical peeling, subcision. I think a multilayered approach works best.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon