Undissolved stitch 'knots' in corners of my eyes? (photo)

Blepharoplasty upper and lower 3.5 weeks ago. Dissolving stitches were used for lowers only. All came out after about a week, but I am left with a knot under the skin at the corners of both eyes, and on the inside of my right eye. My Doctor says, "See you in 6 weeks.". Should I be asking to have these bumps removed now? ....or play the 'wait and see' game in 6 weeks. Thanks!

Undisolved bumps in corners of my eys.

+2

Typically eyes take the longest to settle and it appears you have had a canthoplasty which could take a while to settle. Your photo looks good and I feel that your eyes should improve significantly over the next few weeks. The bumps will likely also go away over time if they are absorbable suture material. Just sit tight and hang in there and things will get better.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Eye lid sutures after blepharoplasty

+2

I do not see a suture in the photo, I do see a faint pull line after your blepharoplasty,

Even removed sutures can leave small 'knots' in thin eyelid skin,

Definitely wait 6 weeks.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Eyelid issues

+1

If there is a suture then it should be removed. If it is just reaction of the skin to the sutures, then give it time to settle down.

Undissolved stitch 'knots' in corners of my eyes?

+1

The time you are taking to post here you could call your surgeon's office to be seen to alleviate your concerns..//CALL the surgeon, please.//