Wrinkle Injection for Under Eyes?

I am researching options to minimize the appearance of my under eye wrinkles. I am only 33 years old. Aside from this, I look much younger than my true age. I do have rather high cheek bones so I assume that this may be the reason why these wrinkles seem more prominent. Would an injection help this and what kind? I don't want my face to look puggy or bloated. Could this happen? Also, will an injection slow additional aging? Lastly, how long do the results last, cost and when could I return to work?

Under eye wrinkles

+1

Under eye wrinkles can often be improved with topical products, both over the counter and prescription. However, if they are more than fine lines they may require more invasinve treatment. Lasers such as Erbium or fractional CO2 are very effective as is radiofrequency treatment such as Thermage. Depending on the depth of the tear trough and size of the eye socket, injectable fillers, in the hands of an expert injector, can be very effective and usually last for about one year. There is risk associated with all of the more invasive treatments and you should seek a board certified specialist if you are seeking that type of remedy.

Miami Dermatologist

Eyelid Wrinkles

+1

If your wrinkles are in the lower eyelid skin itself it may be risky to inject anything in this very thin skin. There are topical treatments that can help, but a longer lasting procedure may be Fraxel re:Pair. This laser can aid in the tightening of the lower eyelid skin with only a minimal (2-3days) of downtime (swelling), and several more days of redness that can easily be covered with makeup. The results can last a year or two and can be repeated.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

A few non-surgical options for lower eyelids

+1

From your description, it is difficult to say what is causing your wrinkles.

Wrinkles caused my repetitivemovement can be reduced signficantly with Botox (average cost $300-1000. However, this will do nothing for loose skin.

In mild conditions of cheek laxity, dfferences can be achieved with injection of fillers to to groove beneath the eyelid ($500-800)

Occasionally chemical peels are useful fo improve skin tightening.