Can UltraShape Be Used to Treat Saggy Knees?

I'm in my mid 40's. Lately i noticed my Knees has sagged with loose folded skin. I was never over weight, in fact more on the slim side. My doctor recommend UltraShape to firm up the loose skin above the knees, and she thinks i need about 6 session.

Sagging Knees and Leg Skin

UltraShape is used to selectively destroy areas of fat excess whereas, VelaShape is used to treat cellulite, improve skin texture - tone as well as decrease areas of fat excess.  UltraShape is often combined with VelaShape so that the skin is improved as well as decreasing unwanted fat.  There is no downtime associated with these procedures.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape for saggy knees

Ulthera is a better option for loose skin on the knee area because it lifts, tightens, and tones loose skin to counteract the effects of time and gravity. Collagen is then rejuvenated and supplemented with new, stronger collagen.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

UltraShape and Thermage

If there is excess fat around the knees, the new smaller UltraShape transducer can remove the fat.  If there is loose skin, Thermage radio frequency can be used alone or after UltraShape to tighten the skin.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

UltraShape for Sagging Knees?

UltraShape is designed to destroy fat cells and reduce unwanted fat from the abdomen. It is not suited to tighten skin around the knees or treat the knee area. There are other skin tightening treatments that could treat the sagging skin around your knees. Ask your board-certified dermatologist about the treatment options that are best for you.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello Amanda,

Ultrahsape is not a firming treatment. It is for the treatment of unwanted fat deposits to reduce a fat bulge. For firming around the knee, our clinic has had very good results with Thermage, or Ulthera. The treatment we choose will depend on the amount of laxity as well as volume. With these treatments you only need one treatment and the results will last 18-24months with minimal to no down time.

Arie Benchetrit, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon