UltraShape and Liposonix Help to Reduce Cellulite?

A short article about Cellulite treatments said that UltraShape, Liposonix and Tripollar would help to reduce it.

In my Internet research I just found that about the tripollar but I don't want to do that one as it says that you should come to a session every 4 to 8 weeks for maintenance. Do they really think I'll go there for the rest of my life?

I want a long term solution. the 2 others seem to help only against fat deposits (which I'd be very grateful for too, as i don't like my thighs) but they say nothing about cellulite.

Cellulaze to reduce cellulite

+1

Best way to reduce the appearance of cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the first ever long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment that has the ability to smooth out skin and keep it cellulite-free. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening.

Effective Cellulite Therapy

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulite Treatment

+1
Thank you for your question. I would not suggest undergoing Ultrashape and Liposonix. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite treatment

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Liposonix and UltraShape can help with cellulite

+1

As of Dec. 2011, I'm one of the first U.S. centers to offer the Liposonix, the first FDA approved fat melting device.  It uses high-intensity focused ultrasound to cause lysis or destruction of the fat cells.  There is no other device that can make this claim in the U.S.  It is  nonsurgical liposuction, a revolutionary technologic breakthrough.  It is not a replacement for liposuction because you cannot remove the high volumes of fat possible thru liposuction but you can get about an inch reduction (2.5 cm) in fat per treatment per area.  UltraShape also uses HIFU but has not received FDA clearance and is not available in the U.S.  Clinical trials for both devices have shown impressive and consistent results.  No other ultrasound device can make these claims of fat destruction.  The Vaser Shape and other similar devices are unfocused ultrasound which does not alter or change the fat in any way--they are more like a warm massage.  The most important concept for the consumer to understand to not be misled is to know there are 2 kinds of ultrasound:  focused and unfocused.  Only high-intensity focused ultrasound causes destruction or melting of fat, unfocused ultrasound does not.  Velashape is not ultrasound at all, it is a laser with radiofrequency coupled with suction that is a noninvasive treatment for mild skin tightening and cellulite, but it does not affect the fat cells and is not a fat melting device.  It is more effective and longer-lasting than endermologie however.  Tripollar is more like the Velashape and the results are more temporary and treatments have to constantly be redone to maintain the results.  

LipoSonix and UltraShape are both more suitable for treating cellulite because both devices allow you to treat large surface areas of the body (unlike Zeltiq which is very limited).  And they would be long-term solutions.  LipoSonix and UltraShape both work better when coupled with a skin tightening device such as Thermage for Body if you happen to have more loose skin in addition to the cellulite.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon