Is Ultherapy a Safe Procedure to Do After Having Neck Lipo?

I had neck lipo done 6 months ago. Will i have more bruising since the fat has been removed. i want to firm the loose skin on my neck.

Ultherapy or Thermage for Skin Tightening after Neck Liposuction

+1

Either technique may provide you with the desired skin tightening after neck liposuction. I would wait 3-6 months after neck liposuction so that maximal healing is seen and get Ultherapy without fear for additional bruising. Bruising in the neck is not typically seen with Ultherapy. Bruising, if any, occurs near the corners of the mouth where there is a lot of vascularity. Read the Ultherapy e book written by a colleague provided on the link below. 

Buffalo General Surgeon

Ultherapy + Neck Lipo?

+1

There is no contraindication to performing Ultherapy after liposculpture to the neck. I have even combined it on the same day as neck lipo, performing it immediately before. There is no reason why one would have more or less bruising if there is less fat, as bruising is a result of hitting small vessels, which can happen regardless, and typically can be avoided because one see the vessels on the monitor. Ultherapy is approved for lifting neck skin, I have used it a lot in my practice with great results.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

Bruising is not a common side effect of Ultherapy regardless of fat content in the area. As long as you are completely healed from your neck liposuction, it should be perfectly fine to have Ultherapy done to your neck. Consult with your plastic surgeon to make sure you are fully healed before going on with the Ultherapy.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy after Neck Lipo

+1

Ultherapy is a safe procedure to perform after you have completely healed from your neck liposuction. Six months would be a safe time-frame to completely heal from one procedure and then to perform the next.

If your plastic surgeon does not feel that a surgical neck lift is indicated, or you want to avoid surgery, then Ultherapy is the best non-invasive neck skin tightening procedure.

Bruising can occur after Ultherapy, but the amount of fat does not appear to predict the patients that will bruise.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Ultherapy following Liposuction of Neck

+1

You should not experience bruising with Ultherapy due to loss of fat from liposuction of your neck.  You should not experience bruising following Ultherapy treatment. Ultherapy can be a good secondary procedure following liposuction and often helps with loose skin in the neck region depending on the elasticity of your skin.  Consult with your plastic surgeon to see if Ultherapy may be of benefit to you based on the condition of your skin.  If not, a necklift may be necessary to give you the desired result.  Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy

+1

Bruising after Ultherapy is quite uncommon to begin with regardless of body habitus.  I have done Ultherapy on very thin patients as well as those a bit heavier.  There is no difference in bruising based on fat content.  It does work quite well with skin laxity in the neck but results will vary based upon the amount of laxity present.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Ultherapy skin tightening after neck liposuction

+1

Ultherapy is a procedur to tighten loose skin without surgery using focused ultrasound. Ultherapy is appropriate after liposuction, but as in your case I would wait a minimum of six months.  There should not be much brusing as it is a nonsurgical procedure.  Factors such as age and degree of skin laxity effect the outcome.  Younger patients with less laxity are going to do better.  The results will begin to appear at six weeks and generally conitnue to improve over the next several months.  Go to a place were there is direct physician supervision, as it is important to be appropriately evaluated. One thing to caution against is if your skin is very thin and platysma muscle laxity, you can accentuate the appearance of the neck musculature whcih can be undesirable and would be more appropriately handled with a surgical necklift.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy should be safe, but less penetrative depth may have to be used

+1

Ultherapy provides us with various depth of treatment "heads" that we can use.  the least deep is 1.5 mm .  the deepest is 4.5 mm.  There is also a 3 mm head.  I would see the doctor, and they will adjust the depth of your treatment accordingly.  If there is enough tissue, the deepest head 4.5 mm can be used, but if not you can still obtain treatment with the shallower heads.  

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy After Liposuction

+1

Generally speaking, most Ultherapy patients do not experience bruising regardless of circumstance.  Will Ultherapy be safe in this situation? Yes.  Is it what you need? That depends.  Ultherapy works very well in patients from their mid-40's to late 50's with the correct indications.  Where Ultherapy falls short is in older patients or those who have indications which would be better addressed with a surgical procedure.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy after neck liposuction

+1

Ultherapy is a great option for tightening after neck liposuction. It can also be combined with body liposuction too. Liposuction in a specific area such as the neck can potentially leave some loose skin where the fat was storaged before surgery. Unfortunately removing the fat surgically doesn't guarantee the skin will retract back so skin tightening with Ulthera or Thermage would be a perfect addition to complete the look of a smaller and tighter neck. Ulthera should not cause anymore bruising then it would if surgery was never done. Bruising is not as common in the neck area with Ulthera but if you choose to do the jowls then some bruising and numbness can occur. All of which should not interfere with your surgery and should resolve with 7-10 days.

Samuel Sohn, MD