Is It Safe To Do Ultherapy One year Later?

I had Ultherapy done in May 2011 - I'm in my mid-30's and was hoping to increase some lift in my neck and jowls. It helped - but the results weren't enough in my opinion, as they are really subtle. Is it safe to do it again one year later?

Ultherapy is safe to repeat in a year

+3

It should be safe to repeat Ultherapy in a year time.  You might not need a full treatment. In our practice, we sometimes do "touch-up" treatments in specific areas in a year time.

Fort Lee Dermatologist

Repeat Ultherapy

+3

The effects of Ulthera are additive, so another treatment should give more benefit.  In our practice, we offer a yearly treatment option to maintain the effect of the the initial procedure. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Treatment

+2
Thank you for your question. Generally, Ultherapy results last for a year's time so annual touch-ups are recommended. It is perfectly safe to receive the treatment again.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Ultherapy may be done again a year after the last treatment

+2

many patients are benefitting by repeat Ultherapy a year after the first treatment.  There can be a beneficial addtional amount of collagen production from the second treatment. Furthermore, the protocol of treatment has changed greatly in the last year. More lines of treatment energy are being laid down, and with the newer 1.5 mm. depth of energy in the new superficial transducer, more planes of heating can be accomplished.  In addition, the areas such as the forehead, that don't allow the 4.5 mm depth of heating to be used often, can now have the 3mm and the 1.5mm deep transducers.  Speak with your doctor to see how a repeat treatment can be beneficial.

Ronald Shelton, MD

May repeat Ultherapy within a year

+2

In our practice we recommend repeat treatment every 12-18 months depending on the patient's age and extent of laxity if considered a good candidate for treatment. You may also consider Sculptra (Sculptherapy) for mid face volume enhancement that I believe works synergistically with Ultherapy to create a better mid face lift and collage recruitment which also helps diminish lower face soft tissue sagging. 

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy year later

+2

Yes. It is safe to repeat the Ultheray after a year. In fact, several of our patients do come back for touch-ups or for repeated treatment for better results as soon as 6 months later.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy repeat treatment helpful to boost longevity of clinical benefits

+2

Ultherapy is a fantastic FDA approved procedure for face and neck tightening with longevity of clinical benefits expected to last one to one and half year. Not only is there reversal of muscle laxity, there is also stimulation of collagen improving overall skin texture. To maintain clinical benefits of Ulthera, it is helpful to repeat treatment approximately 18 months later to provide additional boost of skin, facial and neck muscle tightening and collagen production.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy a year later

+1

Yes, you can do Ultherapy as early as 6 months after the initial procedure. The full effect is seen in 3 to 6 months and it is safe to repeat the procedure as deemed necessary.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is safe after one year

+1

Ultherapy is a safe treatment to repeat after one year. It takes from 3 to 6 months to see the most improvement from the procedure. After the 6 month mark it would be safe to repeat. You would not want to repeat the treatment before that time because you would not have seen the full effect yet. The ultrasound energy from this treatment has no permanent, adverse affects reported to date so there would be no harm in repeating the treatment.

Theresa M. Jarmuz, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Repeat Ulthera treatment is safe and is going to give longer and improved results.

+1

Ulthera is a very safe procedure and there is no risk of repeating treatment after 1 year.  In fact, several of my clients have a planned second treatment at 3-6 months after their initial one.  The results will be better than just having one, and longevity will be increased.

Steven F. Weiner, MD