What can be done to these two small scars to "flatten" them? (photo)

I had an appendix surgery when I was 9 years old and now I'm 18 years old and I have always been self conscious about them. The one above my belly button causes a small bulge on my lower stomach and it is a small indented scar. The other one on my lower stomach is also a small indent. There was three little scars in total but luckily the 3rd one is not noticeable because it healed flatly. I just want to know what procedures can be done to make them less noticeable and flat?

Scar Revisions

+2
Scars are most noticeable for a few reasons: 1) color and 2) texture and 3) depth. Scars never fully go away, technically, but they can be improved in appearance so that they are minimally noticeable. If the color is different, that attracts attention. If the scar is raised (like a keloid) or depressed, that again attracts attention. The least noticeable scars are the ones that are pencil thin and light or skin color and scars can be revised to improve the appearance. Most of this is surgical technique dependent, but we also recommend anti-scar ointment afterwards that are used to improve scars as they heal. Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in revising your scars.

Protocol for thick scars from an appendectomy

+1
Hypertrophic scars on the abdomen respond well to pulsed dye laser, IIT, and application of Plato's Scar Serum applied twice daily. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar appearance

+1
Scars that are old are oftentimes best addressed by a scar revision procedure to remove the old scar and recluse the wound to make it less visible.  If the scar were only a few weeks to months old, then consideration for laser treatments or other medical treatment may help improve it's appearance.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon