Tummy Tuck with While Obese? (photo)

I have lost over 100 pounds with diet and exercise , but still have another 80 to 100 pounds to go. I weight 130 and I'm 5' tall I carry most of my weight in my stomach and have a very large hanging apron of fat, and I have had skin irritations and sweat a lot from it. This makes working out difficult. I'm healthy besides the weight. Would I be a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

Timing could be right

+1

Congrats on the weight loss that is the biggest hurdle. if you are 130 and 5'1" then the time us right but if you think you want to lose significantly more weight then you might want to wait. Loosing more weight after a tummy tuck is possible and not dangerous but the tightness if the tummy tuck might be less with the weight loss.

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck / abdominoplasty after weight loss

+1

If your information is accurate and you're 5 ft tall and 130 lbs, then I think based on your photos you are at an appropriate stage to go ahead with your tummy tuck. However, your statement that you have another 80-100 lbs to lose does not make sense. One of these figures is wrong. If there was a typo and you actually weigh 230 and want to lose another 80-100 lbs more, then getting to your goal weight would be preferable.

But, I have encountered patients where the overhanging skin is causing problems to lose more weight because of the irritation. In those cases, I would recommend proceeding with a panniculectomy (excising only the overhanging skin without the full cosmetic tummy tuck) first to get rid of the irritation and allow for easier exercise. Then, when you have achieved more weight loss closer to the goal weight, then undergo the full cosmetic tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. Depending on your insurance plan, some may cover the panniculectomy. Good luck!

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Great Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Congratulation on your weight loss. Thank you for your picture. If you currently weigh a 130 lbs then this is a great time for your tummy tuck!

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Tummy Tuck with While Obese?

+1

Tummy tuck is best performed at a stable weight close to your goal weight. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Timing of a tummy tuck

+1

My advice is to wait to have a tummy tuck until you have lost all of your desired weight and your weight has been stable for several month's time. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with While Obese?

+1

I'm not sure but there may be a misprint in your question. You say you are 130 pounds and have 80-100 pounds still to lose???

From your photo it looks like you may be a candidate for the surgery. It would take an exam to truly answer that question.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

After weight loss

+1

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck procedure and should get a very satisfying result. Good Job!

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Apron of skin

+1

ideally one should be at their desired weight prior to a TT but if you have skin irritations from an overhanging pannus you might get your insurance company to cover it's removal - then without the irritation complete your weight loss with diet and exercise and have a formal TT - It means two surgeries but it might make sense given what is going on

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon