Do I Need a Tummy Tuck or Stretch Mark Treatment?

Hi im 21 years old and because of an early pregnancy i have stretch marks all over my stomach. I am 5 ft and 103 pounds and i always wondered if it was possible for me to fix my stomach since i am so thin and also my belly button is out. Just wanted to know the opinions of what i should do?

Stretch marks and tummy tuck

+1

The only way to get ride of stretch marks is to excise them. You should not have a tummy tuck in your current situation. You may be a canidate after you have another child or children. It is best to wait untill you are finished having children to do a tummy tuck.

Stretch Marks after Pregnancy

+1

Unfortunately, there are no great solutions for stretch marks.  The only method for complete eradication of stretch marks is to remove the skin with the stretch marks, such as a tummy tuck in someone with lower abdominal stretch marks.  From the pictures that you posted, you do not appear to have enough excess skin to perform a tummy tuck.  There are some reports of stretch mark improvement with lasers, but the degree of improvement is difficult to assess objectively and the stretch marks are still present following the treatments.  However, patients have expressed satisfaction with these treatments.  This is an area of research that we are looking into as there are no good solutions at this time.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
The first question you need to answer is if you are planning on having more children. You belly button may be a sign of an umbilical hernia. You probably do not need a full tummy tuck but you need to be able to answer the other questions first.

Web reference: Http://www.drabramson.com

Tummy Tuck and Stretchmarks

+1

Hello Help101,

There are no effective ways of reducing or removing stretchmarks other than surgical excision of the skin.  Having said that, you are in the unfortunate position of having no options to remove your strtechmarks:  you do not have enough skin (based on your photographs) to remove the amount of skin needed to make a tummy tuck effective at reducing your stretchmarks.

Best advice would be to wait, finish having children, and get re-evaluated by a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Enjoy your child!

Stretch Mark Removal

+1

Although you do not appear to have a great deal of excess skin, a tummy tuck (even if it involves a short vertical scar in your case) is usually the best way to remove stretch marks.  I am convinced that any method other than surgical removal of stretch marks is efficacious.  Obtain a consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your options.

Shrinking skin and stretchmarks

+1

It is hard to say from just these photos but I do not think you are currently a candidate for a tummy tuck. I do not think you have enough extra skin to warrant the procedure. That may change as you get older whether or not you get pregnant again. That leaves you with non-surgical stretchmark treatments however I do not believe most of them work sufficiently to warrant the price and time.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Tummy tuck or stretch mark treatment

+1

Based upon your appearance, you will probably want a tummy tuck  to tighten and flatten your abdomen.  I would definitely recommend that you finish having your children prior to considering any treatment of your abdomen.  At that point, obtain a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to discuss all of your options with you.

There is no really effective treatment for stretch marks.

+1

Hi.

I really see what bothers you, but I think you should leave yourself alone for now.  After you are sure you are done with pregnancies, you MAY be a reasonable candidate for a tummy tuck, which would correct your belly button and remove at least the upper stretch marks.

Tt when you are ready

+1
Have your family first. Do nothing drastic. Get a board certified plastic surgeons opinion and then after finishing with your family, a tummy tuck may be in the cards.

Web reference: Http://www.wrmd.com

Stretch marks

+1

I believe eventually you will want a tummy tuck to correct abdomial laxity after child birth.  Due to your young age I would recommend you wait to make sure you are not planning additional childbirth.  Donald R. Nunn MD Plastic Surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.