Tummy Tuck Why Am I So Itchy when I Wear my Support Garment?

ive had a tummy tuck and lipo to flanks but why am i constantly itchy when i wear my support garment ?

Itchiness with compression garment

+2

Try wearing a cotton undergarment to see if the material of the garment is causing the itchiness.  Otherwise the fact that your tissue is getting compressed can cause the itchiness.  Lubricate your skin constantly and can try Benadryl if it is unbearable.

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Compress

+1
You may be allergic to the garment. Some patients are. To prevent irritation, try wearing a tight cotton shirt with no seams under your garment so that direct skin contact is prevented.

Jerome Edelstein, MD