Tummy Tuck Help Type 2 Diabetes?

Why wouldn't a tummy tuck help my type 2 diabetes as I only weight 122 lbs and my tummy is the only place with fat on it as it was cut due to fibroids removed. Also, couldn't they use the stem cells out of that fat to help reverse my diabetes?

Update:4/26/12

Actually when fibroids were taken out and a C-section given, isn't that reason for a tummy tuck? Wouldn't it be good to tighten up those muscles? From what I see, there are no cutting edge treatments for diabetes. The tummy tuck was my last hope. If I were heavy, I could lose weight or have a gastric bypass. I only weigh 122 so I can't. The insulin didn't work as it made me have a ravenous appetite and my sugar would go up to 300 - 400. Victoza shot makes it 250. I'm screwed.

Tummy Tuck and Diabetes?

+1

The tummy tuck operation will serve to remove “excess” skin/subcutaneous tissues  and “repair” abdominal wall muscles that have spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss. The operation will not help with treatment or control of diabetes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Abdominoplasty is not a treatment for diabetes

+1

See your endocrinologist in terms of cutting edge treatments for diabetes. However, abdominoplasty, which corrects contour deformities and sagging skin/muscle laxity in the abdomen, would not be indicated.  All patients with diabetes require medical clearance for cosmetic surgery.  Removal of fibroids does not result in fat in the abdomen. 

Tummy Tuck in Normal Weight Diabetic will not improve Diabetes

+1

Your Type 2 Diabetes is genetic in origin as you are not overweight, so the tummy tuck, even though it will remove a little more fat will not help you. Fat cells are stem cells, but they are already in your body so  injecting them back will not help.

Everything helps to losse weight and fat, helps to improve diabetes type2

+1

it has been told lateley by several medical articles than diabetes type 2  can  be reversed completely after gastric by pass.

i believe  than your problem could improve with  TT of course  if you full fill the whole requirements than your  diabetes M.D. will recommend  to you. you also must take in account than complications rate elevate during  any diabetical  patients be operated on ,in any kind  of surgery.

good  news for you  are, i think in a few years you will get pancreas regeneration trough stem cell injections taken from your belly and this sureley  will end up your  diabetes  problem

Mexico Plastic Surgeon