Tummy tuck and male mastopexy combined?

I have lost over 40kg of weight and in 2013 I had a chest mastectomy to get rid of my man boobs and have loose skin from the weight loss and mastectomy I had done. Is it recommended for a male to have these procedures combined or should I do the chest mastopexy first and wait for it to heal before I have a tummy tuck? Generally speaking with a male tummy tuck is it standard to have the muscles repaired and finally how do I know im choosing the best plastic surgeon for my results? Thanks

Tummy tuck and male mastopexy combined?

+1
The two can be performed together by an expert.  Weight loss patients do not necessarily need muscle tightening.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Weight loss and surgery in men

+1
A tummy tuck is a common procedure for men after massive weight loss.  This may include a diastasis repair because of weakness.  As for the chest it is quite possible to have them both done at the same time.

Body Contouring after Weight Loss

+1
Wow.  Lots of stuff to talk about here!

First off, congratulations on the weight loss.  Not many can accomplish that!

Next, in experienced hands, combining both of the procedures that you want is both safe and effective.  And less expensive.  But I stress that the surgeon must be experienced in both performing these kind of procedures and in knowing how to lessen the risk of the complications which may arise from combination procedures.

Muscle repair in male abdominoplasty depends on two major factors.  How much abdominal wall laxity is present as a result of the long-term obesity and how much intra-abdominal fat remains.  This can only be determined at examination.

Which brings us to the question of how to chose your surgeon.  Websites can be helpful, but may also be misleading.  Ask around.  I am sure some friend or family member has had experience with a plastic surgeon and can refer you to one who is excellent (or tell you who to avoid!).  Better yet ask around to medical providers you may know.  Nurses especially know which doctors are good and which ones are not.

Good luck.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon