Is it an appropriate time to stop wearing my compression bandage after gynecomastia surgery? (Photo)

3 weeks ago, I had gynecomastia surgery through incision. My doctor told me to wear a compression bandage "until next week" when I saw him last Tuesday for my two week checkup, and then we set up a six-week check-up appointment. Is it ok to start wearing just a tight shirt? Every 2-3 days I shower, the tape started coming off today I removed it, left was ok, right started bleeding. I put the tape in place and taped over it. The left side is a dented, but he removed quite a bit. How does it look

Ask your surgeon

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice as they may want to see your results in person.   

I generally advise that a support garment is worn for 6 weeks - night and day for the first three weeks, and then during the day for another three weeks. This garment will help reduce swelling and conform the skin to your new shape. Showering is permitted on the second day after surgery. Massage of the treated areas will begin 7-10 days after surgery to help decrease the swelling faster and to smooth out any irregularities. Scars will initially be red and a little raised, but over 3-6 months they usually get lighter in colour and flatten out. 

Is it an appropriate time to stop wearing my compression bandage after gynecomastia surgery?

+1
Have tried calling your surgeon's office to address this issue vs asking us, expert posters our recommendation for your care?