Can I Get a Tummy Tuck After Lapband Surgery?

Yes Get a Tummy Tuck After LapBand But Watch Out for that Port and Band

I love it when patients lose the weight, and maintain that loss for a steady six months and say they want to have a tummy tuck. Go for it, but they always ask too quick. You never want to ask at your lowest low in weight, or too early. You might have more weight to lose. On the flip side, you may gain back a few pounds. You need to be at a relatively consistent weight for at least six months and definitely not until a year after surgery.

Your band is inside of you. The port is the only part on outside of you. You have a plastic hallow tube traversing the muscles of your abdomen connecting the two. The tummy tuck is performed around and in the area of the port and tubing therefore you really need a surgeon who understands LabBands specifically. 

Tips:
1. Ask your bariatric surgeon if they have a plastic surgeon they can recommend.
2. Some bariatric surgeons do tummy tucks and body contouring procedures. The upside of this, is they are really skilled in bands, loose skin, and complex surgical candidates. 

Good luck and congrats on the weight loss!!!