I'm looking for a Lightsheer Laser hair removal on my bikini line, how many treatments do I need?

I'm looking to get laser hair removal on my bikini line using the lightsheer diode duet. I have light skin and dark hair and have been told that I am overall a good candidate for the procedure. I was wondering approximately how many treatments I may need. I was also curious as to what I may expect to pay for each treatment (in Canada). Thanks!

How many treatments for bikini line

Using the Lightsheer, I  require 3 treatments plus one.  Each is  given approximately every 4-6 weeks. In most cases 50% clearance is found after one treatment, 70-80% after two treatments, 80-90% after three. I then wait two cycles (8-12 weeks) and do a final treatment. Generally in an ideal patient a 80-90 percent clearance is customary . Cost ???? it  varies depending on whether the upper bikini area and  the inner thighs are done or just one of the two.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question. You have the ideal hair/skin combination. The Lightsheer is a gret laser, but I prefer the Candela Gentlemax Pro and you could use either the 755 or 1064. The Lightsheer is good as well for your skin, I am just biased as I find the two lasers are very predictable in results. Expect to ahve 6-8 tretments, and paying anywhere from 150.00/tx up to 400.00/tx., depending on how large the treatment area is. I hope this helps!

Laser Hair Removal with the Lightsheer

Thank you for your question.  Typically it will take between 6 to 8 treatments spaced out over a 6 to 8 week period between your sessions.  Normally it's about a 75% reduction in hair growth for most patients.  Most patients after their initial treatments will maintain their results with maintenance treatments 3 times per year.  Pricing will vary but expect to pay around $200.00 per treatment for the bikini area. 

R. Scott Yarish, MD

LightSheer Laser Hair Removal

Usually 6 treatments are needed to get the best result from LightSheer laser hair removal.  These treatments are usually spaced about 4 weeks apart.  You may need to return for touchups once or twice a year, but you can expect 80-90% of the hair to be removed permanently.

Scott Greenberg, MD

Lightsheer for Bikini Hair Removal

Hi Lima.  The Lumenis Lightsheer is a great laser, although the high speed portion of the device that is supposed to be less painful is also less effective so we would not recommend the larger handpiece.  

Our expectation for someone in your situation would be 6-8 visits, 6-8 weeks apart achieving 75% - 95% of the dark hair in that period.  

Not sure about the costs.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD