Significantly Burned with Diode Lightsheer Lazer 5 Days Ago? (photo)

Hi. Please could you assist me with any advice possible in treating these burns. I went for lazer hair removal approximately 5 days ago in South Africa using the diode lightsheer and my legs all the way up my thighs have been severly burnt. I was advised to use zam buk until the blisters heal and then to start using bio oil. However I am extremely worried that my legs are going to be scarred and have many marks? How could i minimise the scarring? will microdermabrasion help? PLEASE HELP!!!

Scars after laser treatment

This is unusual . The  scabs are spaced so far apart that it  doesn't make sense.  I advise you to have the treating physician have the laser  checked. It may not be functioning properly . A small amount of topical ointment and total avoidance of ultraviolet light for at least 6 months will help. The treating physician should help you with local skin care.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

3500 Old Washington Road
Waldorf, MD 20602

Burn secondary to laser hair removal

I usually recommend Bacitracin ointment on the scabbed areas. After those areas are healed, you may use a scar gel such as Skin Medica's Scar Recover Gel with Centelline, applying twice a day for approximately three months. I highly advise avoidance of the sun for one year in these areas because of high risk of hyperpigmentation. Also, if you choose to be treated again, seek a reputable facility and have a test patch completed 2 weeks prior to treatment to confirm you have no side effects. Your skin type and ethnicity needs to be taken into serious consideration when the operator of the laser is choosing the appropriate settings.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

2341 Lime Kiln Ln
Louisville, KY 40222

Laser hair

From the pictures posted, it seems that the power of the laser was set too high for you.

It also looks that you probably will heal with no scars, however there might be some hyperpigmentation that will need treatment.

Then, change the place where you had your laser hair to a place where the physician, dermatologist or plastic surgeon will do the laser hair. You might pay a little more, but it is safer than the person you have now

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218